[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bowman: He was offsides *Waaaaaaaaaah*

Bronco Billy

Bowman needs to change the plate in his head. I can't belive that Bowman (and Hasek) are both whining after the game about Willsie being offsides right before Forsberg's GW goal. What a bunch of BS from the Rosie O'Donnell - the replay clearly showed Willsie dragging his skate at the blue line.

On top of that, you have the refs making the utterly ridiculous too many men on the ice call with 7 minutes left in a tied game & the puck not being pushed offensively & 90 feet away from where the players were changing. Then you have the matter of the refs blindly ignoring Hasek throwing his stick at the puck in the last couple of seconds. Drury gets called for interference for skating along side Fedorov while making both are jostling each other minimally early in the second.

Now I'm not saying that the NHL is pulling a NBA & doing everything it can to get the Dead Things into the Finals, but if either team has any complaint against the officiating, it sure as hell ain't the team wearing that ugly bright red...

I believe the utter disapointment you saw with the Wings fan is disbelief. They are truly convinced that they could buy this championship, and that it was a sure thing. Man, those faces in the crowd after the game were priceless.

The post game crowd shots were classic. Unfortunately, I know the feelings shown in those faces only too well. Heartbreak over your teams defeat is understandable, whinning and bitching are not. When you loose, it is nice if you do so with class (which means Scotty no backhanded jabs at the refs over a close non-call on offsides).

I have to agree--great game and this has been a classic series. It ain't over yet though, so I am

not going to do too much talking. (enen though

Foos, I am working on a draft of your new Sig).

The shots of the crowd were great !! Stunned. Shock. Disbelief. The front page of our paper

has the view of the fans behind Forsberg after

he hit the shot and they look like they were physically punched in the face. Just classic stuff, can't wait for game 6!!

Guest Azazello13

i actually haven't seen a conclusive replay one way or another which shows whether willsie was offsides or not. i know when i saw the play happen in realtime, it LOOKED like it was offside. but he was dangling his skate back there on the line and it was real close one way or the other.

bowman, i thought, was actually pretty classy about it. from what i read he said the play was offside, but he added that it was a fast devweloping play and the linesman wasn't quite back into position on the line, that it's tough to get every call right, etc. he was about as gracious and low-key as a coach in that position could be expected to be.

but BB's right about some of the other calls in that game. a bench minor for a sloppy change in the third period of a playoff game?? hasek throwing his stick was BLATANT. when sakic had his mini-breakaway, datsyuk had a hook on him that was equally BLATANT (and i think sakic was called for a penalty on datsyuk later the same shift).

I was too drunk to tell if he was offside at the time, and was definitely too drunk later to remember anyway . . .

The only thought from last night that made it to this morning: "GOD DA|/|N IT, SHANNY, LIGHT THE F'N LAMP! WHAT THE HELL DO WE PAY YOU FOR?!?"

Today is not a good day.

Peace

policy

Let's not forget Holmstrom taking an Avs player stick and THROWING IT INTO THE CROWD! Yeah, nothing like endangering your home fans by throwing a hockey stick into the crowd. What an idiot! BTW, has anyone seen isucktheredwingsdicks.cup lately?

Lerxst:

Let's not forget Holmstrom taking an Avs player stick and THROWING IT INTO THE CROWD! Yeah, nothing like endangering your home fans by throwing a hockey stick into the crowd. What an idiot! BTW, has anyone seen isucktheredwingsdicks.cup lately?

Ummmm, that happened in Denver, so I really don't think Holmstrom was too worried about the crowd. I actually LOL'ed at that, though. F'n idiot, to risk a penalty & a 10 minute misconduct to do something so stupid. Of course, the refs must have missed that, too... :D