[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins the National Championship game

Sgt Ryan

Who wins the National Championship  

39 members have voted

1. 1. who wins the National Championship game

• Florida
    • Oklahoma

The best National Championship game would have been USC and Florida.

Last year, I think the best two teams at the end of the year were USC and Georgia.

OKlahoma is a good team. Texas is a good team. However, USC and Florida are better.

Florida 40

OU 27

Folks, we have a winner!

I wouldn't be so fast to put Texas on that list. They have a very important game Monday trying to salvage the embarrassing bowl season for the perceived best conference in football. If the Bucks somehow pull out the miracle against the only team to manhandle OU , then there are gonna be some pissed off schools like USC and Utah wondering how OU made it over them based on mere speculation and no substance.

Embarassing bowl season. Right now the Big 12 have a winning record in bowl, and could go 5-2. A texas win, and the Big 12 can do no worse than 4-3, a winning record.

If there is an embarassing conference in the bowls, its the Big 10. If Texas takes care of business, the Big 10 will have a total of 1 bowl win, with the top 2 teams both losing.

I was not surprised Oregon clipped Okie St. Tech and OU both beat Okie St handily. Tech gave up 200 yards rushing in its last 3 games, so its lil surprise they won that game.

The best National Championship game would have been USC and Florida.

Last year, I think the best two teams at the end of the year were USC and Georgia.

OKlahoma is a good team. Texas is a good team. However, USC and Florida are better.

Florida 40

OU 27

We shall see, whether or not FLA is better. SC got Penn St. Not sure there was a bigger cupcake in the BCS games, except OSU who will also lose handily tomorrow night. No Im not rooting for TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT..., that is just how I see it.

Here's my take FWIW ...

The BCS Championship is just that: the BCS Championship. Not the NCAA Championship. Not the National Championship. It's the Championship between 6 conferences. It's certainly NOT the D1 Championship, because almost half of the teams are excluded from the BCS Championship game.

I believe that Utah is the Champion of College Football for the 2008 Season. They were the only team to go undefeated while playing a worthy schedule. NOBODY else accomplished this feat. Therefore, they are the Champions of College football. Oklahoma and Florida will play for the BCS Championship on Thursday night, but not for the National Championship.

Here's my take FWIW ...

The BCS Championship is just that: the BCS Championship. Not the NCAA Championship. Not the National Championship. It's the Championship between 6 conferences. It's certainly NOT the D1 Championship, because almost half of the teams are excluded from the BCS Championship game.

I believe that Utah is the Champion of College Football for the 2008 Season. They were the only team to go undefeated while playing a worthy schedule. NOBODY else accomplished this feat. Therefore, they are the Champions of College football. Oklahoma and Florida will play for the BCS Championship on Thursday night, but not for the National Championship.

Wonder if the Phillies care that not every baseball team in the world has a chance to win the World Series. Call it what you want, but LSU is the only university that has won two BCS National Championship Trophies?

We shall see, whether or not FLA is better. SC got Penn St. Not sure there was a bigger cupcake in the BCS games, except OSU who will also lose handily tomorrow night. No Im not rooting for TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT..., that is just how I see it.

We all have opinions.

USC got Penn St. Last year, they got my fluke Illini.

The Big Ten has proved year after year that it's not capable of using its muscle to speed up with either the best from the south or the west. They seem to at least be capable of playing with the Big 12 on occasion.

Having USC pound the BIg Ten into submission year after year in the Rose Bowl is plain old stupid to the Nth degree. Hate the home field advantage they really get there anyway.

With that said, USC/Florida is what we should be seeing in my opinion.

As well....who would have absolutely LOVED to see Texas and OU go at it AGAIN? I would have.

As much as I hate the BCS and would rather not have to guess at who should be playing in the NC game, the last thing in the world I would want to see is a rematch. The fundamental problem with picking 2 teams to play each other is the lack of credible data we have to compare the elite teams from each conference. So, at very least, you have to avoid a rematch of conference rivals to the exclusion of other conferences completely.

That was, I thought, rather proven two years ago when everyone was convinced that we'd just seen the two best teams in the country face each other when OSU beat UM in a great, great game. I mean, what more could we want, right? Two undefeated titans clashed in a shootout. Why not play that one again? Oh, here's why, because both of those "titans" were very much exposed as anything but once they stepped out of the friendly confines of their conference.

Now, in this case, OU's credible OC schedule at least set somewhat of a barometer for the Big 12 and the irony is that, unlike UM, the team being left out of the big game actually won the previous matchup. That said, as big a disservice as D-1 college football is doing it's fans by not having a playoff, it would be worse still if they gave us two teams from the same conference unless faced with massive evidence that they were the only two teams that remotely deserved it.

What's more? Texas, in particular, doesn't appear to be one of the two best teams in the country anyway. Their case is one argument long. They beat OU. Well, Ole Miss beat FL. Thing is, the rest of their resume has been looking increasingly less impressive as the year wore on. Aside from the win vs OU, they have a narrow home victory over OSU who was beaten badly by Tech, OU, and Oregon. Missouri may have been ranked #11 when they beat them but is good at best. And last night they squeaked past an OSU team that was dismantled by USC and beat exactly no teams that were very good (best win vs Northwestern who might be top 25 in the final poll but likely not). Further, their loss to Tech looks worse and worse as the weeks progress. Tech got absolutely crushed by OU, eked past Baylor of all teams and then was handled by Ole Miss.

Sorry, but it's is very hard to look at that objectively and see how that adds up to a team that should be playing for all the marbles. From the data at hand, it is hard to draw any other conclusion than that Texas just happened to man up and beat a superior OU team on one week in Dallas. Well, teams beat teams that are better than them every year in college ball and most of the time, those teams aren't rewarded with a trip to the finals.

Edited by detlef

Did you know? :wacko:

Oct. 25: The last time anyone held Oklahoma under 60 points.

76-8: The combined touchdown-interception ratio of Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow.

392-50: The combined first quarter scoring differential of the Gators and Sooners.

2: Sophomore Heisman winners in all recorded history. Both will be playing quarterback in this game.

I'm going with Oklahoma.

I think the Stoops will have had plenty of time to prepare for Tebow and really he is the 1 factor to stop and if you can stop Tebow the game is over.

Oklahoma on the other hand is loaded on offense and Bradford alone equals or is a better qb than Tebow. I know Harvin is a great player, however you stop Tebow and he will not be a factor as well.

The Gator defesne will play tough early, but I see Bradford and company being too much.

I voted Oklahoma

OU 42

FLA 31

Edited by sacosud