[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The silence is deafening

detlef

Of course, if Cincinnati and Miami's only losses were to the Bulls and they both end up highly ranked then we have a conversation but I don't see that as likely so until that happens... no bias. As for the rest of this, I have no real vested interest in any of said stakeholders and in fact believe the SEC to be the strongest conference in the country. I will go as far as to say that I think Florida and Bama are the two best teams in the country. That doesn't change the fact that in my mind, it is quite presumptious to assert that regardless of what else happens, LSU still holds their entire fate in their own hands.

The real beauty in this whole argument is that all that has to happen is one "key" non-SEC team loses between now and the end of the season and this argument becomes pointless, so...

Oh yeah, one more thing...

With graduations, transfers and early jumps to the NFL the faces of most college football teams change wildly from season to season so past championships should have nothing to do with who the best two teams are this year. It's a freak thing that the Gators brought back their entire defense from a championship team and that Bama has back what they have after having such a great season. Their rewards for that were their spots in the pre-season polls. You want bragging rights? You got'em. The SEC has certainly earned that. Just don't tell me they have earned a right to play in this season's NC game. You gotta do that on the field. Likely, there will be an SEC team in the NC game but don't tell me anyone has earned anything yet.

Don't think for a minute I wasn't aware of why you were hoping LSU would be exposed. I've done the same thing myself when trying to layout the perfect plan to get my Tigers in the BCS NC. Ironically the final piece of my latest dream plan was fulfilled by the Big East conference when Pittsburgh upset West Virginia. So yes I do believe in miracles, however for your miracle to happen South Florida would of course need to go undefeated and hope that alot of teams get exposed.

Might not be fair, but prior season performances do make a difference in college football. I've said it before it's a 2, 3 sometime 4 year process to have your team earn that respect. Look at Boise this season. While teams like Rutgers and Lousiville have dropped way back due to poor performances. It might not be fair but it is possible to have any program rise to that level. Miami and Florida State are two programs that showed us it can be done.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think for a minute I wasn't aware of why you were hoping LSU would be exposed. I've done the same thing myself when trying to layout the perfect plan to get my Tigers in the BCS NC. Ironically the final piece of my latest dream plan was fulfilled by the Big East conference when Pittsburgh upset West Virginia. So yes I do believe in miracles, however for your miracle to happen South Florida would of course need to go undefeated and hope that alot of teams get exposed.

How much of what I wrote did you actually read and comprehend? I don't, and didn't, think USF had a snowball's chance in hell to do anything this season other than maybe win the Big East with a little luck and that wasn't even a real consideration. I thought, not hoped, that LSU would get exposed because I just don't think they're very good right now. End of story. It had nothing to do with any ties I may have with other schools. I cannot waste my time hoping for the demise of others when I know that my team has no chance to take advantage of it.