Sign in to follow this  
Croe

Billionaire's Bacon

1 lb of bacon edit: (Thick cut bacon 1/4 inch)

1 Cup of brown sugar (preferably light)

Pat dry bacon, coat bacon in thin layer of sugar, bacon 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes turning halfway - if using non thick cut bacon, cook for 8-10 minutes. Should be nice and brown

Try eating bacon any other way after.

Tip: use a wire rack to help keep drippings off - but I like to drip drippings on to from which they came so I don't use wire rack

Edited by Croe

Yea you can - it worth it - just watch it closely because different ovens will cook it differently - burning bacon that takes upto 15 minutes is not fun

Updated recipe - I use thick cut bacon roughly 1/4 in thick. If you are using regular store bough bacon times will be less. around 8-10 minutes

Did this at Houlihans back in the day. Though we did so on large cookie sheets lined with parchment and saved every bit of bacon fat for later dishes. And we did so at 350 for 25-30 minutes turning halfway through. 425 is going to be too extreme for my likings, sort of like cooking in a skillet on high instead of medium. All in all, usually the only way I cook bacon. Brown sugar or not

I use the wire rack, plus, I put the bacon in during pre-heat to render the fat (Alton Brown tip). 400 degrees for ten minutes after pre-heated for thick cut bacon (not quite 1/4")

I can't wait 15 minutes for bacon.

+1

Love me some bacon.

Not to hijack the thread, but our local TV station was talking about food at the Bloomsburg fair - newest craze is a Snickers bar, wrapped in bacon, dipped in funnel cake batter and deep fried.

What do you think?

I think I just had a heart attack - also, bacon talk, news, tid bits, never highjack a thread.

I'm a Renaissance man. I may try this tomorrow.

Tried it this past weekend. It was ok.

Wife and kids didn't like it. Words from my 7 year old son:

"Daddy, I like the real bacon instead." :lol:

Sign in to follow this