[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Above ground pools

MorningMud

My son seems to like water a lot so far so I am considering putting a pool in at some point.

I know I won't have the funds to do an in-ground pool, so I was hoping to get some info from some of you guys on above ground pools. I've looked online and there are tons of companies and different styles/versions. Want to know if its worth going with a more expensive one or if I will still have to keep replacing the liners/pool every couple of years. Thanks.

there are some definite issues to consider. one of the main ones is how is the water table in your area?

i would always purchase something that is of better quality, you do get what you pay for. the last thing you want is for the sides of the pool to cave in because you went cheaper and when your kid and his friends decided to jump into the pool from over the side of the pool and it collapses.

-other things you will need to consider are what available space do you have for the pool as you want land clear around the pool, at minimum, 3 feet. cheaper pools have support brackets that stick out and take up more space. higher quality pools do not.

-you also have to consider the area in general, if there are a lot of trees that could present a problem as tree roots can and will destroy the underside and liner of the pool.

-you will also have to consider the type of pool structure you choose, all steel or resin. steel is cheaper and will corrode over time. resin will last much longer but be a little more expensive.

Edited by irish

Buddy of mine put in a very high quality above ground pool here in Minnesota. He even built a deck around half of it. Its been going strong for about 5 or 6 years or so. He is meticulous about cleaning and keeping the chemical balance correct. We've had many multiple family parties there. The only issue he ever had, was very early on... someone jumped in and pointed their toes down and pierced the soft bottom of the pool. He replaced it, and then just told everyone to be careful of that from that point forward. He also warns people not to hang on the edge of the pool with all their weight.

• 2 weeks later...