[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Just figured I spend so much time here (in the fantasy advice section) I would start a thread where anyone can ask for opinions. not that I know more than anyone who comes here but what I do know I will offer.

I will also bounce some questions myself off of you guys for my teams so I can get some different views.

Anyways hope this don't come of as me trying to be some Baby Jane knucklehead as I don't think I am better than any of you. put your question here and I will answer whenever I get on.

For now I will bounce something off of you guys. I have been offered D.Wilson for Lacy. I turned it down, was that a mistake?

• Like 1

Lacy as of right now is the safer back but to me Wilson has a higher potential only because he's quicker and has a better o line. You did the right thing I think. Ask me again in a week though.

Here's my question. Speaking of Wilson. Do I start him in the flex or Hakeem Nicks? It's in my standard scoring league.

David Wilson is pretty unpredictable. I think Lacy will be very solid. For now you probably made the right decision but I can't see your team so idk for sure. I also think Lacy will have a big week against Washington at home so its good to keep him around at least till next week.

My question is do I start Oakland or Arizona defense this week? Or any other suggestions that are available in most leagues?

• Huddle projections has Oakland as 3rd best defense this week with 13 points and confidence rating of 4 out of 5.
  • They project Arizona for 6 points with only a confidence of 3, but they say "Any defense that features playmakers like Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu has fantasy upside, especially if Matthew Stafford throws three picks like he did on his last visit to the desert."

Arizona scored 19 fantasy points at the end of last year vs Detroit at home, holding the Lions to only 10 points and creating a lot of turnovers including 2 defensive touchdowns, but Detroit obviously didn't have Reggie Bush at that time and without those 2 defense touchdowns they would've only scored 7 points.

I need some advice. I got offered Steven Jackson for Reggie Wayne. Both are good and I like Wayne a bit more but not sure...

Completely depends on the rest of your team. Impossible to answer until you tell us your players.

Edited by Ron677

Here's my question. Speaking of Wilson. Do I start him in the flex or Hakeem Nicks? It's in my standard scoring league.

I would go Wilson. it looks as though he is gonna still get a high percentage of the runs (of course unless he fumbles) and RB's are just usually safer than WR's as flex's especially in non PPR leagues. Denver is gonna be a tough 1 for him though and I would not be suprised if he don't get as much yards in the air as on the ground.

• Like 1

My question is do I start Oakland or Arizona defense this week? Or any other suggestions that are available in most leagues?

• Huddle projections has Oakland as 3rd best defense this week with 13 points and confidence rating of 4 out of 5.

• They project Arizona for 6 points with only a confidence of 3, but they say "Any defense that features playmakers like Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu has fantasy upside, especially if Matthew Stafford throws three picks like he did on his last visit to the desert."

Arizona scored 19 fantasy points at the end of last year vs Detroit at home, holding the Lions to only 10 points and creating a lot of turnovers including 2 defensive touchdowns, but Detroit obviously didn't have Reggie Bush at that time and without those 2 defense touchdowns they would've only scored 7 points.

I think with the way the Jags offense played in week 1 and the way the Raiders looked on D Oakland is as good as bet as anyone. defenses are tough early in the season as we don't have much a track record ( 1 game) and I have seen defenses go from good 1 year to bad the next. the way my Lions looked in week 1 they are gonna be a team that will give some turnovers but in leagues where points scored count they won't be a team you want your team to face even if you are 1 of the better defenses.

David Wilson is pretty unpredictable. I think Lacy will be very solid. For now you probably made the right decision but I can't see your team so idk for sure. I also think Lacy will have a big week against Washington at home so its good to keep him around at least till next week.

I have D Martin and Lacy starting right now with Lamar Miller ( yeah I bit) and Bernard as my backups.

Trying to decide if I should trade for Steven Jackson with Reggie Wayne?

12 TEAM PPR LEAGUE (1st pick)

Matt Ryan, QB

Adrian Peterson, RB

Daryl Richardson, RB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Julio Jones, WR

Reggie Wayne, WR

Jason Witten, TE

Bengals D/ST

Blair Walsh, K

Bench:

Josh Gordon, WR

Alshon Jeffery, WR

Danny Woodhead, RB

Shane Vereen, RB (IR)

Trying to pick up Cecil Shorts on waivers in the morning.

Let me know if you need more info.

Trying to decide if I should trade for Steven Jackson with Reggie Wayne?

12 TEAM PPR LEAGUE (1st pick)

Matt Ryan, QB

Adrian Peterson, RB

Daryl Richardson, RB

Knowshon Moreno, RB

Julio Jones, WR

Reggie Wayne, WR

Jason Witten, TE

Bengals D/ST

Blair Walsh, K

Bench:

Josh Gordon, WR

Alshon Jeffery, WR

Danny Woodhead, RB

Shane Vereen, RB (IR)

Trying to pick up Cecil Shorts on waivers in the morning.

Let me know if you need more info.

I think I would. you need him worse than you need Wayne.I think Jeffries is flying under the radar right now and with Gordon coming back you could rotate those 2 and get fine production from that spot.

If you cannot get Shorts and the waiver wire looks dead out there but you see Nate Burleson out there I think he is gonna have a good year. I know people have thought that every year but now defenses have Bush and Megatron to worry about and I think Burleson's 5 catches in week 1 are gonna be the norm for him.

I thought it might be a bad thing to have too many players coming from one team. Besides wouldn't Wayne be helping me out with PPR?

I don't mind having players on the same team as long as they are solid players.

PPR does not hurt a back who gets catches it helps them and if Jacksons 5 catches in the 1st game are any indication than he is gonna get his share of catches too.

This might be a stupid question, but this is my first year playing fantasy. It's with a bunch of close friends, we have a 12 person league and we all ponied up $20 a piece for this and the top 3 people get paid, I just wanted something to do + I like to gamble, and I honestly never was into football before this. I basically just know the basics from any average joe watching a few NFL games here and there. But I am started to get addicted to this already lol. I did auto-draft because I don't know shi* at all about most players, anyways to my question.

What should I do with Shane Vereen? Is it a given to drop him and pick someone up? There really isn't anybody good left for me to pick up. Should I just keep him on the bench? What's your take on him? I got the most points in my league the first week and he's obv not going to get me any points until what week 11, so what should I do with him?

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

I feel the same but who would I get for a second WR? Just use Gordon?

I would use both Gordon and Jeffery. I have a feeling in the coming weeks Jeffrey is gonna be a hot item. Marshall's double teaming is gonna help him go for a 1000+ I feel. and you would definately need to grab another WR off of waivers cause you need some backups.

This being said I get the feeling you just don't want to do it and if you feel that way go with your gut man. I am just giving my opinion. it aint no better than yours.

This might be a stupid question, but this is my first year playing fantasy. It's with a bunch of close friends, we have a 12 person league and we all ponied up $20 a piece for this and the top 3 people get paid, I just wanted something to do + I like to gamble, and I honestly never was into football before this. I basically just know the basics from any average joe watching a few NFL games here and there. But I am started to get addicted to this already lol. I did auto-draft because I don't know shi* at all about most players, anyways to my question.

What should I do with Shane Vereen? Is it a given to drop him and pick someone up? There really isn't anybody good left for me to pick up. Should I just keep him on the bench? What's your take on him? I got the most points in my league the first week and he's obv not going to get me any points until what week 11, so what should I do with him?

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

I would get someone who is at least capable of contributing before week 11. by week 11 the Patriots are gonna be running a offense they are used to running and who knows how Vereen fits in when he does come back.

Can you give me a example of what is on your waiver wire?

this is my line up for this week:

qb- tony romo

wr- aj green

wr- victor cruz

rb- ray rice

rb- pierre thomas

te- vernon davis

flex- kenbrell thompkins

bench:

rb- shane vereen

wr- danny amendola

qb- joe flacco

wr- rod streater

rb- isaiah pead

heres some of the rb on waivers

willis mcgahee

ronnie hilman

daniel thomas

kendall hunter

danny woodhead

michael bush

alfonso smith

robert turbin

roy helu jr.

mike tolbert

marcel reece

andre brown

brandon jacobs

jackie battle

jonathan dwyer

this is my line up for this week:

qb- tony romo

wr- aj green

wr- victor cruz

rb- ray rice

rb- pierre thomas

te- vernon davis

flex- kenbrell thompkins

bench:

rb- shane vereen

wr- danny amendola

qb- joe flacco

wr- rod streater

rb- isaiah pead

heres some of the rb on waivers

willis mcgahee

ronnie hilman

daniel thomas

kendall hunter

danny woodhead

michael bush

alfonso smith

robert turbin

roy helu jr.

mike tolbert

marcel reece

andre brown

brandon jacobs

jackie battle

jonathan dwyer

ronnie hilman

daniel thomas

kendall hunter

michael bush

roy helu jr.

I would take any of these. Hunter,Helu and Bush could be fantasy gold if the starters ahead of them got hurt. and Thomas and Hillman are capable if things worked out in their way of becoming starters. being you have to start Pierre Thomas and have no backup you might want to take a guy who is getting some carries right now, as bad as I hate to say it that would be Daniel Thomas.I would feel much better normally about grabbing 1 of the handcuffs but the guy you take may have to play for you right away.