[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants trade JPP to Bucs

BeeR

Oh no not fallin for this tease.  Now saying Giants might draft Chubb leaving only Denver to get Barkley ahead of the Colts.  But even if they passed on Barkley the Colts would trade down or take Fitz or Nelson IMO.

So the Giants get WHAT for trading Pierre-Paul?? lol...while at the same time opening up a massive hole at DE. Do they even have the depth to plug in someone worth a crap? I don't think so. Looks like Chubb is going to NY. 

This is a salary dump, nothing more.  Giants are swapping a 4th for a 3rd round pick to get rid of JPP.  They had very little cap room and if they want to give OBJ a new contract, they have to clear room.  Also, I thought the Giants were heading to a 3-4.  JPP is a bad fit in a 3-4. (but Chubb, too, is more of a 4-3 DE than an OLB.)

Just now, LordOpie said:

i think they swapped 4ths, but NYG also get a 3rd, so JPP for a 3rd, essentially?

yes, my bad.  Giants get Bucs pics #69 (3.05) and #108 (4.08) & Bucs' get pick #102 (4.02).

big fat salary dump.  They don't want or need JPP in a new 3-4 defense.

• Thanks 1

As a Giants fan, I can only hope for the following:

Trade the #2 to the Broncos.  Get what you can #5, #40 and a #1 in 2019)  

Cleveland - Darnold

Denver - QB 

Jets - QB

Cleveland - Barkley

Then make a smaller scale deal with the Colts and swap the #5 for the #6 (with other picks moving)

Colts - Chubb

Giants - Nelson

If Eli does not have any time to throw the ball then the season is done.  With all the receving weapons they have (OBJ, Sheppard, Marshall, Lattimer and Engram) and signing Solder, the addition of Nelson would make their line worlds better, giving Eli time to throw, which will also make the running game better.  

If this does happen, I do hope the Giants repackage some of those picks and move back into the bottom of the first round and take Lamar Jackson as their QB for 2019 and beyond..  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Wpob said:

As a Giants fan, I can only hope for the following:

Trade the #2 to the Broncos.  Get what you can #5, #40 and a #1 in 2019)  

Cleveland - Darnold

Denver - QB 

Jets - QB

Cleveland - Barkley

Then make a smaller scale deal with the Colts and swap the #5 for the #6 (with other picks moving)

Colts - Chubb

Giants - Nelson

If Eli does not have any time to throw the ball then the season is done.  With all the receving weapons they have (OBJ, Sheppard, Marshall, Lattimer and Engram) and signing Solder, the addition of Nelson would make their line worlds better, giving Eli time to throw, which will also make the running game better.  

If this does happen, I do hope the Giants repackage some of those picks and move back into the bottom of the first round and take Lamar Jackson as their QB for 2019 and beyond..  

I really doubt the Broncos would do that, makes no sense, and I sure as hell hope the Colts are not that stupid.