[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Umm, the Browns shutout the Eagles......hummm

Cowboyz1

Now any other time I would just see a 5-0 preseason score and just say wow that was bad. However, the Browns shut out the Eagles. I'm not sure if the key word is the Browns, Shutout or Eagles. I know it's preseason in all and I know it very well could be that the Browns were more fired up than the Eagles. However, 7 sacks, 2 picks and 2 fumbles? Preseason or not, that was impressive. Could this Cleveland Browns team be turning the corner? I am curious as to how good this defensive line is? I am also curious as to how effective their running game can be with Hyde running strong and maybe, just maybe that have finally found a QB that could develop into something other then a 2 or three year roster spot. Taylor can play so I am intrigued by their performance so far. I sure hope so, as the NFL is always better when the Dog Pound has something to bark about.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Didn't the Browns go 4-0 last year in pre-season? That win means nothing. I'm a HUGH Browns fan this year. The moves they have made in the front office speak of winning. Except the HC.... he might be the worst or most genius in NFL history. We'll see. 

Edited by tazinib1

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Didn't the Browns go 4-0 last year in pre-season? That win means nothing. I'm a HUGH Browns fan this year. The moves they have made in the front office speak of winning. Except the HC.... he might be the worst or most genius in NFL history. We'll see. 

Don't care about the record at all. I was simply pointing out that in Preseason it's not easy to shut out a team. YOu have scrubs on the field on both sides so you would expect a mistake or three to cost points at some point in the game. Browns shut out perhaps the deepest team in the league not the mention SB champs. That speaks volumes if nothing else does. Browns my be a decent squad this year.

The Eagles were without Wentz, but did have SB MVP Foles, were also without 2 starting WR, an OL and I think their starting RB. Browns D was still impressive, after getting no turnovers in first 2 games they had 4 in a half against the best the Eagles could muster. I think the defense will be greatly improved, some more young talented guys to go with Garrett and Ogbah who continue to improve, a strong LB core (2nd team guys like Burgess and Kendricks could start) and a vastly improved secondary (it was atrocious last year).

As for Hyde, the running game showed some promise in games 2 & 3, we'll see if that holds in the regular season. 

Some people still wonder if the Browns can win a game, until they do something in real games it is hard to say, and their fans know better than to be optimistic.