[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Making a run... Help!!! Thomas for Brees and Chubb?

jiggidyjj

So here's the deal.  I'm 2-5 after this week.  I drafted Bell (1st), D. Freeman (2nd), and Baldwin (3rd).  Needless to say, I have had some very bad luck after I had what I thought was a great draft.  Also, this is my Lg of record and a keeper league that I commish.  I have a good matchup next week, so good chance to go 3-5.  I've made the decision to go for it and am on the epic comeback trail!

Here is my current roster

QB = DALTON

RB = BELL (?) / BREIDA (?) / L MURRAY (?) / RICHARD / SMALLWOOD / PENNY

WR = M THOMAS / JEFFERY / BALDWIN / WATKINS / COLE / KEARSE (dropping)

TE = BURTON

So Dalton sucked ass against the worst D in the NFL, so don't really trust him even with a good matchup.  Only real chip I have is Thomas and Jeffery.  Thomas cannot be kept next year, Jeffery would be a 5th round pick next year.

Would you Trade M. Thomas for Brees and Chubb ( 8th rd pick next year)?

Seems like a good move for me but want to hear everyone's thoughts.....

Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Not a chance.   There has to be a qb on the wire you can use unless this is a 2 qb league

Not really man... Got Smith, Bortles Dak and Mariota on the waiver.  I'd prob roll Dalton over those options and hope for not another dud.

Just now, Montana is da Man said:

Wow. That's tough.  I still hate to trade a stud for a qb

I'm with you, typically stream QB's but it's rough this year.  Kinda in win now mode.  Figure I accomplish two things here.  One I upgrade 2 positions I'm weak in and I lose at my strongest positions which is WR.  Secondly, I get a good keeper in Chubb for next year if I don't make a run.  I sent him a trade for Dalton/Baldwin/Breida for Chubb/Brees.  I'm sure he will decline, if so may try Jeffery before Thomas, but Jeffery is playing pretty darn good lately and would also be a 5th rounder next year so like to hang on to him.

15 minutes ago, jiggidyjj said:

I'm with you, typically stream QB's but it's rough this year.  Kinda in win now mode.  Figure I accomplish two things here.  One I upgrade 2 positions I'm weak in and I lose at my strongest positions which is WR.  Secondly, I get a good keeper in Chubb for next year if I don't make a run.  I sent him a trade for Dalton/Baldwin/Breida for Chubb/Brees.  I'm sure he will decline, if so may try Jeffery before Thomas, but Jeffery is playing pretty darn good lately and would also be a 5th rounder next year so like to hang on to him.

I like your train of that here. I think I would keep Alshon and trade Michael first. Hopefully he takes that really bad trade first though :D. I think it's a good decision if you want to try and pull the season out. I mean you cant keep Michael next year...and your definitely losing this year at this rate. 

1 minute ago, Ootter said:

I like your train of that here. I think I would keep Alshon and trade Michael first. Hopefully he takes that really bad trade first though :D. I think it's a good decision if you want to try and pull the season out. I mean you cant keep Michael next year...and your definitely losing this year at this rate. 

Thanks, I think I may ask for McKinnon as well who would be a 10th next year.  so basically the trade would be Thomas + 2 bench players for Brees/Chubb/Mckinnon this would give me Alshon in the 5th / Chubb in the 8th / Mckinnon in the 10th and also set me up in a better position for this year as well.

• Like 1