[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elijah McGuire

michaelredd9

Elijah McGuire will be back as soon as next week.  Bilal Powell is done.  McGuire is a better receiver and better pass protector than Crowell.  It could be a 50/50 split between them with McGuire having more value in PPR.  And they might want to know what they have in McGuire so it is a possibility that they end the season with him as the featured back.

Elijah McGuire returned to practice last week 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12301/elijah-mcguire

Jets RB Elijah McGuire (foot, injured reserve) returned to practice last week.
McGuire cannot be activated until next week, but returning to practice when first eligible is a great sign for his health. With Bilal Powell's availability in question because of a neck injury, McGuire could return to a significant role behind Isaiah Crowell. He is worth a look in deep leagues. Oct 23 - 10:03 AM
Source: ProFootballTalk
  • Thanks 2

I don't think McGuire is better than Powell at receiving, and isn't as good of a runner as Crowell.  Crowell and Powell have had little value this season, outside of Crowells random explosions.  This is one of the backfields that doesn't hold much value even if you have a starter and will give you a headache.

41 minutes ago, kdko said:

I don't think McGuire is better than Powell at receiving, and isn't as good of a runner as Crowell.  Crowell and Powell have had little value this season, outside of Crowells random explosions.  This is one of the backfields that doesn't hold much value even if you have a starter and will give you a headache.

The Jets have the 8th most rushing yards and 10th most rushing touchdowns this season.  Crowell is the 13th highest scoring fantasy running back this season.  Bilal is the 32nd highest scoring fantasy running back this year.  32nd is a rb3.  Any running back that gets 50% of touches is worth rostering on a fantasy team that is weak at running back.  But McGuire's real value will come if/when Crowell is out.  Crowell has been dealing with lingering ankle and foot problems.  He is a likely candidate to be put on IR at some point this season.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Jets have the 8th most rushing yards and 10th most rushing touchdowns this season (they are higher in both categories if you subtract quarterback rushing totals).  Crowell is the 13th highest scoring fantasy running back this season.  Bilal is the 32nd highest scoring fantasy running back this year.  32nd is a rb3.  Any running back that gets 50% of touches is worth rostering on a fantasy team that is weak at running back.  But McGuire's real value will come if/when Crowell is out.  Crowell has been dealing with lingering ankle and foot problems.  He is a likely candidate to be put on IR at some point this season.

Everyone's aware of Crowell's fantasy rank, but who ever feels comfortable starting him?  He's always a gamble, and never a consistent play.  I owned him through the first 5 weeks and started him every game he dropped a turd, only to have him on my bench for when he'd explode.  He's had 3 BOOM games, and 4 terrible outings which probably cost their owners a win or put them in a bad spot.  I've since dropped him, and the team that picked him up hasn't started him at all yet either.  I guarantee most other Crowell owners feel the same.  The Jets are volatile as a team, and you'll never know which Jets, or Crowell is going to show up.  I'm weak at RB, but I'll only hang on to stash options that could potentially turn into league winners if i'm not going to start them.. which Crowell and any other Jet's RB isn't likely to offer.

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Take a look at the running backs who have scored the 13th to 36th most fantasy points.  Rb2s and rb3s are almost all volatile.

Kerryon Johnson/Matt Breida (outside of last week) are 2 I kept on my roster over Crowell who have been pretty damn consistent for RB2's week to week just for reference.  

Wow Crowell's number are very up and down, 3 weeks of good scores (11,17,29) 4 weeks of nearly nothing (5 or less).

In my league he is 15th, I've had Yeldon (10th) all year and used him a lot thanks to Fournette being out. He's been a bit more consistent, with 4 games in double digits (13, 21, 18, 13) and the other 3 at 7 or above. He's on my bench this week, London game, Hyde in the mix etc. 

I'm not rushing out to grab McGuire but will keep an eye on his situation thanks to this info. My RBs are thin enough (Coleman, Cohen, Carson and Clement).

9 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Breida has been consistent in getting hurt but that's about it.

That's true, but usually he'll make something happen before exiting entirely :lol:   From week 2 on he's been consistent outside of last game where he only played like 3 snaps.

2 Det 11 138 1 24
3 @KC 10 90 0 14
4 @LAC 9 39 0 9
5 Ari 8 56 0 12
6 @GB 14 61 1 12
7 LAR 5 15 0 -1

Sat him the last 2 weeks because I think the injuries were piling up too much without CS giving him a rest.