[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Handcuff Tactic

act7491

I am 4-1 in a 12 team PPR scoring league and I had an idea that I've been toying with in my mind today. Dropping several of my bench players who, currently, I have no use for to start or who don't have a ton of trade value. And as a result, stockpile the best available running back handcuffs to either trade them, or keep them away from top teams if their respective top RB1's did in fact get injured. 

My current bench looks like this: Terry McLaurin, Matt Breida, Chris Thompson, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, Chris Herndon and Buffalo D. I wouldn't consider dropping McLaurin or Breida, and I picked up Buffalo D to start them next week vs Miami. But Thompson, MVS and Herndon seem like fringe players to me. What do you all think about dropping them for who I believe to be the best available RB handcuffs on waivers right now in Chase Edmonds, Alexander Mattison and Ito Smith? 

Consider what happens if one of your starters go down. Is this RB handcuff as useful to you then? (Especially if their lead back is still healthy.) Are there players you can add (and likely to get thru waivers) that are as good or better than the ones you would release now?

Bye weeks are starting to include more teams, injuries are mounting, you never know when a group that looked sufficient is suddenly not deep enough.

All 3 of those RB handcuffs are on a team in my league (12 teams 18 per roster with 9 starters), one added on waivers this morning, another just before Sunday's games.