[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dynasty league

seminoles

we already have:

wolfden

tyler rose

leper65

perch

seminoles

bushwhacked

12 person league. here is the lineup structure:

1 QB

1RB

1WR

1TE

1PK

1D/ST

3flex (rb, wr, or te)

we'll have 20 man rosters. you can keep up to 20 players. their will be a 25 round draft, consisting of FA's and rookies. cost will be $45 (sorry but it was changed again, but for the last time.

"Anyone who's definitely in can PM wolfden1 for an address to send their dues. Sorry, No PayPal...Wolfden is stuck in the 20th century. The sooner we're all paid, the sooner the webstie will be set up at MFL for rules, team names, draft order (random), etc."

thanks wolfden

Edited by seminoles

we already have:

Blitztalk

timmypq

wolfden????

shotgun m.

tyler rose

leper65

joe public

perch

seminoles

12 person league. here is the lineup structure:

1 QB

1RB

1WR

1TE

1PK

1D/ST

3flex (rb, wr, or te)

we'll have 20 man rosters. the draft situation and how many keepers will be decided after further discussion. The cost will be $35.

thanks wolfden

759951[/snapback]

If you're going to thank me, at least take the ???? off of my name!! :D

Anyone who's definitely in can PM wolfden1 for an address to send their dues. Sorry, No PayPal...Wolfden is stuck in the 20th century. The sooner we're all paid, the sooner the webstie will be set up at MFL for rules, team names, draft order (random), etc.

Jesus, I just figured out links and smilies...don't know huh Paypal is.

You want fries with that??

Payouts TBD...approx. $60 for MFL site for our league...all other monies paid out. No one keeps any cash for being commish, etc....

Innaugural draft whenever consensus agrees upon (not too soon, not too late).

Draft 25 players (including rookies in the innaugural draft only), any positions.

Weekly starters:

1 QB,1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK

3 Flex (RB, WR, or TE....TE flex is great, if you draft Gonzo early, and pick up a hot FA like Whitten...don't leave the points on your bench or trade him...start both!!)

Playoffs/Championship(how many teams...which week) to be voted on once all are paid.

Next season Rookie Draft with draft position to be worst-to-first...again to be voted on by members. Free agency will begin one week after the rookie draft (100 fake bucks to bid on FAs...can carry over balance to next year any unused bucks). For any FA you pick up you must drop enough players as to not exceed the 25-man off-season limit, or the 20-man in-season limit. One week prior to kickoff all teams must be cut down to 20. Free agency will end when the playoffs start (?). Trade deadline (?) More things to vote on when we get a forum.

Edited by wolfden1

The way you are describing it, this isn't a dynasty, it is a keeper league, where you can keep a whole bunch. In a real dynasty, after the initial vet draft you only have rookie drafts year after year. Also, if you are doing a true dynasty, you are better off with no defense at all, or IDP.

The way you are describing it, this isn't a dynasty, it is a keeper league, where you can keep a whole bunch.  In a real dynasty, after the initial vet draft you only have rookie drafts year after year.  Also, if you are doing a true dynasty, you are better off with no defense at all, or IDP.

760182[/snapback]

Rookie drafts, and free agency. If you assign contract years to the players, then you can have "restricted free agency" periods after the season, which is really getting closer to the actual NFL. All of these are possibilites, which could be discussed and voted on.

What we really are looking for right now, is 12 owners who would be in for:

20 man rosters

Dynasty setup

$45

above listed lineup submissions

All of the minor rules (trade deadline, 13 or 14 week regular season, how many make the playoffs, etc.) can be discussed and tweaked once we have a forum for the leauge, between now and the innaugural draft.

Edited by wolfden1

(not having d/st in a dynasty league I don't understand..why the hell not??)

All of the other rules can be discussed and tweaked by PAID owners between now and the innaugural draft.

760201[/snapback]

Your best doing IDP or not have D/ST, because there is too much turnover on teams. It takes a lot of the skill out, and makes it much more about luck. Say you pick the Pats D, if they get into salary cap problems, and dump a lot of players, you no longer have the D you drafted. Also, you don't draft new D's every year like you do rookies at positions, so if you are unlucky you are stuck with it.

As far as rules being discused and tweaked by PAID owners, there is no way I or any reasonable person is going to pay, without first knowing what the rules are. It is one thing to tweak, caps years or such, but is something else entirely to tweak formats.

Sorry guys, count me out! This is more of a keeper/redraft league! I'm in a dynasty league and like the other person said, after the first draft it's rookie drafts and FA after that!

760354[/snapback]

In your dynasty leagues can you cut players, or are you stuck w/ them forever? That's all this is, is cutting the ones you don't want in favor of free agents.

I would (and have) suggested a seperate rookie draft. Rookie draft would be NFL style (worst to first), for 3?? rounds. Could be more I guess with large rosters.

Scoring suggestion:

1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec.

1 pt per 25 yds passing

6 pts all TDs

1 pt. per reception

Standard kicker stuff.

We've eliminated the free agent "draft". Drop your players in favor of Free Agents. 100 fake bucks per year.

Discuss. :D

Edited by wolfden1

In your dynasty leagues can you cut players, or are you stuck w/ them forever?  That's all this is, is cutting the ones you don't want in favor of free agents.

760882[/snapback]

In all of mine, you can cut them. But rather than having a Vet draft after the innaugaral year you have FA money to spend on FA. In most leauges it is a blind bid process, but I have seen it done with open bids as well similar to an auction. Each year you are given say $100 dollars of FA money, to spend on FA's throughout the year, and if you don't spend it all, it rolls over to the next year, so if you only spend say $70 of your FA dollars, then the next year you have $130.

ok, this is what we should do. We should have a rookie draft and for all the years ahead, the person who goes first is the person we came in last the previous year. We have seperate FA draft, i dont know about the first year though. We get $100 of FA money to use during the year. now we must decide if we have the FA draft or an auction. i like the idea of money being carried over. i think this covers everything.

still we need a name

I guess the only remaining question I would have would be regarding D/ST, are you planning on keeping them, going with no Defense at all, or going IDP? I really don't like the idea of a dynasty league that uses D/ST, I'd prefer no Defense at all, or IDP.

I guess the only remaining question I would have would be regarding D/ST, are you planning on keeping them, going with no Defense at all, or going IDP?  I really don't like the idea of a dynasty league that uses D/ST, I'd prefer no Defense at all, or IDP.

761022[/snapback]

it also depends on the website or software, etc. that we're using. ill pm wolfden to see if it can be taken off since it sounds like nobody wants it