[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League Keep/Cut Advice Needed!

Alamak

Alright I'm in a 12 team dynasty league where you can keep all or none of your players. Of course for every player you keep you give up a draft pick & vice versa. The redraft is a straight format (no snaking) & as the third worst team from last season I'll be picking no later than 3rd in reach round.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K/1DST/7 bench spots

Scoring Format: 1pt-25 pass yds/1-pt-10 rec yds/1-10 rush yds/All TD's 6 pts/ 3pts fg -1pt xp.

Points are awarded for DEF yds allowed (1-12) & DEF PA (1-8) so DST are more valuable than in a standard league.

Current Roster :D

QB: Jake Plummer

QB: Chad Pennington

RB: Domanick Davis

RB: Fred Taylor

RB: Marshall Faulk

RB: Anthony Thomas

WR: Michael Clayton

WR: Deion Branch

WR: Charles Rodgers

WR: Marcus Robinson

WR: Reggie Williams

WR: Brandon Lloyd

TE: Eric Johnson

K: Ryan Longwell

D: Falcons

D: Bears

Now keepers haven't been submitted so I can only predict how many players the other teams will hang onto & who may be available. However I'm pretty confident that my predictions are in the ballpark based on the last couple of seasons where owners have kept top 8 QB's/top 24 RB's/top 24 Wr's/top 4 TE's/ & a handfull of the top DEF's & Kickers. Of course every year there are a couple surprises but I'm predicting...

1 team dropping their entire roster except 1.

1 team keeping 4

3 teams keeping 6-7

4 teams keeping 8-9

2 teams keeping 10-12

Now assuming this with the addition of the new rookie crop & left over waiver fodder I'm looking at a fairly deep QB & RB pool with a thin crop at WR/TE.

I've gone back & forth for the past month but I'm leaning towards dropping everyone on my roster with the exception of Davis & Clayton. This would potentially give me the 3rd,5th,7th,9th, 13th, & 19th pick out of the first 20. Only one other owner would be drafting with me during the first four rounds.

By doing this I would surely be able to grab two rb's early as the other owners sole keeper is Tiki Babrber. My basic thinking is that while my current roster has some upside it is not a playoff team & if I'm stuck with my backs it's not a .500 team. Plus with all of the early picks I should be able to redraft someone like Branch if he is the best available while adding some much needed help.

When this league started 4 years ago it was a yearly league & I drafted accordingly (Faulk,Warner,C.Carter,F.Taylor, ect) but when we decided to go keeper we never redrafted & I've been climbing out of the hole ever since. Last year I made some terrible choices (Dropping R.Wayne so I could draft C. Rodgers for ex). So I'd really appreciate your point of view. Am I on the right track with my thinking? Or am I'm a fool destined to muck up my chances once again? Do you see anyone other than Clayton or Davis that you beleive I shouldn't risk?

I've gone back & forth for the past month but I'm leaning towards dropping everyone on my roster with the exception of Davis & Clayton. This would potentially give me the 3rd,5th,7th,9th, 13th, & 19th pick out of the first 20. Only one other owner would be drafting with me during the first four rounds.

895830[/snapback]

When I went through your roster on my initial read, these were the only two I thought you shuld be keeping.

Go with your first instinct there. Keep those two players, get some of the young RBs coming out, fillin yourroster, and have some very good building blocks for the future.

I might even drop Clayton.  Then you would have 2nd 4th 6th and so on in picks. This would guarantee you would get 2 of the rookie RB's then with the 6th pick take Clayton back.

897455[/snapback]

I toyed with that idea but I'll be drafting against a new owner who will be unpredictable. With his only player being Barber I'm guessing he'll take another back first & I'll take a back 2nd. Than with his next pick he'll most likley take the top receiver or QB instead of a third back. If he takes a receiver Clayton would be gone & I'd be left very thin at WR.

I'm not sure how much expereince this owner has but the league is on sportsline & they have Clayton ranked #10, which would make him #1 on the redraft. Ideally for me this owner jumps on Collins early who is ranked 7th on sportsline but is someone I don't have much interest in. If that's the case I would be in real good shape. Eitherway I think I can still get my two backs & keep Clayton.

Here is who will be available for sure:

L. Jordan

C. Benson

R. Brown

C. Williams

J.J.Arington

M. Bennent

F. Taylor

I like Benson a lot but will need someone to start in the 2 spot to begin the season. What combo on this list do you guys like?