[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 5 Players

Roo

Here's your choices....  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Here's your choices....

• Holmes, C. Mart, McNabb, Tatum, L. Johnson
    • Manning, C. Mart, Westy, JJ. Arington, Bulger

I am trying to decide whether to pick Manning or Holmes with my #3 pick. Those choices are estimations of what my top 5 could very well look like in each case.

The scoring is pretty standard, with .5 pts for a reception. 4pts passing TD.

But the position set up is a little unique:

2QB

2RB

3WR

RB/WR/TE

TE

K

DEF

As you see from the choices, I am booting WRs until after I have my 3RBs and at least 1 QB. It's a 10 person draft.

Edited by Roo

The combination of Manning and Bulger at the QB positions would be great. I think Priest is tough RB to pass up, but the fact that you're already looking at LJohnson before you are even considering your WRs tells me you're already questioning his durability (aren't we all). Personally, I also question whether Bell is going to be able to keep the starting job in DEN. The fact that you have the option to start 3 RBs, having three every week starters in CMart, Westbrook and Arrington (who is going to be a stud!) heavily outweighs an incredible Holmes, his backup and Bell. Those three RBs along with the QB duo...nice start. Be careful... you don't want to wait too long on those WRs or you're going to be scrounging around the waiver wire all season long.

good luck

Thanks and good points. It's just that having the Chiefs RBs is so tempting to fall back on.

I am also really worried about my second round pick. Depending on how many people go for QBs, and if anyone takes Moss, I might get the poop end of the RB stick.

Roo, I don't like either at the #3 but Maning is the better of the two choices. I'd also think you could do better than Martin in a 10 team league in the second round. I certainly agree on waiting for WRs with a flex position that allows for RBs so maybe Martin will be the best option at 2.07 but I'd think he'd be there for you at the 3.03 personally.

As far as Holmes at the #3, personally that seems a little high for him. I've said it a million times already but in case you haven't caught it, I am keeping Holmes and Jamal Lewis on one team and I'm a lot more confident in Lewis right now than Holmes.

Good luck.

Hm, then who would you suggest at 3 if Alex and LT are gone?

Also, I've run the mock several times, and looks something like this (order not really important)

1.LT

2.Alex

3.Manning

4.Edge

5.Holmes

6.Willis

7.Dommy

8. Lewis

9. Deuce

10. Dillon

10. K. Jones

9. Portis

8. J. Jones

7. Tiki

6. Pepper

5. Ahman

4. Rudi

3. ?

This is of course, worst case scenario, but very possible. I can easily see the other coaches passing on Moss, since they'll understand the relative importance of QBs. So then I can hope someone pulls McNabb, in which case I might get Ahman or Rudi.

To make matters worse, I know the two guys after me are RB sluts and will probably take 3-4 RBs right after I select my second pick.

Major conundrum.

The #3 may be the toughest pick this year. Thehuddle will tell you one player that Swerski is probably a fan of. Lindy's will tell you Alexander. A lot will tell you Manning. I like Lewis. It maybe the toughest call to make this year. Personally if I had the #3 I'd try and trade down because I'm no more confident in Edge than Lewis than Holmes than McAllister than McGahee than Dillon than Dom Davis which is why I personally would rather be in the 6-8 spot in a 10 team league and just let the draft come to me.

For yer second pick I'll take Lamont Jordan or Stephen Jackson over Curtis Martin but like I said before and with the aded info about yer RB unpaid friend :D leaguemates I certainly like Martin more now so that's not such a bad pick.

I hate taking QBs early but Manning is certainly a very legit pick there if LT and Alexander are gone as they should be.

Holmes just seems very risky at #3. Me personally, I take Jamal Lewis.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I am not sold on Holmes. I think he is one injury from retirement.

I agree with Clubfoothead, try to trade down. Swap your first and second for someone elses 1st and 2nd. Someone is probably dying to get Manning and you can let them.

If you keep the pick, I would go RB, I have a big issue with taking a QB in the 1st round. I like Jamal, but Edge is going to report and so he might be the choice to make. Last season was Peyton's chance to shine, now I think that they show Edge a little love and try to butter him up to re-sign him.

Let us know how your attempts to trade picks goes.