[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CFL

ElkGroveKnez

My neighbors kid is second string QB on Winnipeg Bluebombers of the CFL-and I've been watching their games for a couple of weeks now. I was wondering what you football junkies here at The Huddle think of the scoring differences and the total experence of the CFL compared to the NFL

A short summary is that it is something to watch when the NFL isn't around.

It's a fun time. Cheap tix, same type of game. The bigger end zone and 3 downs only make it a little different, but the same principals are there. I can't imagine a CFL player that doesn't want to make it to the NFL.

I enjoyed watching to the team we had in Baltimore both years they where here. A 27-9 regular season record and making the Grey Cup both years (winning in 1995) helped get a following also.

All in all, the CFL helped get Baltimore used to pro football again. I felt bad for Jim Speros. He worked so hard to make it work and then was told he had to leave Memorial Stadium to make room for the Ravens.

It's a fun time.  Cheap tix, same type of game.  The bigger end zone and 3 downs only make it a little different, but the same principals are there.  I can't imagine a CFL player that doesn't want to make it to the NFL.

Don't forget the 1 point for the kicking team on touchbacks - a rule I've always thought the NFL should consider adopting, at least for kickoffs and punts.

I just got tix to go see the Montreal Allouettes (sp?) play Winnipeg at the end of September ... Now I know somebody -- sort of -- on the visiting team!!!! :D

We got the tix on a lark, figuring it would be fun ... Montreal is about an hour north of us, it's an afternoon game, and with the exchange, the seats were $15 american -- so what the heck! I'll make a full report when we get back ...

If the announcing is in French, we may be at a spectatoral disadvantage. :doah:

:D Biere?