[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Rules

PackerFanX

I have been in a League run by some of my old coworkers for the last 7 years and it has always been a redraft League. This year at the draft we are going to vote on changing to a Keeper League which I am fine except that there are no rules in place.

Does anyone direct me to a website that has some good Keeper League Rules established so I can look them over and at least give the Conissioner of my League some ideas. The Commish just wants to have each team keep 2 players each year and call it good. To me all that does is eliminate rounds 1 and 2 of the draft each year. I would like to see the league keep more than 2 players and have some provisions to keep 1 or 2 rookies or first year players as "developmental players" also.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had some but don't know what I did with them.

I wouldn't start the Keeper League this season as you have to draft with the knowledge that this is a keeper league. Strange as it sounds, you really need the head's up.

I had some but don't know what I did with them.

I wouldn't start the Keeper League this season as you have to draft with the knowledge that this is a keeper league. Strange as it sounds, you really need the head's up.

928257[/snapback]

I agree and that is what I have been trying to tell the Commish. I say vote on a keepr league and start it next year.

As it sounds like this is the first time to do a keeper league for many in the league, I would caution towards keeping it as simple as possible initially and then you can work towards more in depth/complex keeper rules.

Even a switch to something very simple like only 2 keepers can cause some owners issues, though, I would tend towards an option where owners must forfeit ap ick that is a couple rounds earlier than where they drafted the player. SO, you can keep your 8th rounder this year for a 6th round pick next year, something like that. This type of method keeps the players moving back to the draft pool and ensures that there is some top talent available in the draft.