[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Concerns over Vikings Defense

Savage Beatings

Was listening to KFAN this morning on the way to work, and they were talking about how the word out of camp is that there is still some major concern with the Vikings linebackers. None of them have stepped up the way that had been expected at this point. One of the rumors is that they might still go shopping for a veteran LB to come in and at least provide depth and experience (but that could also be simply motivational camp talk).

Still, this ticks me off since Napoleon Harris was such a major aspect of the Randy Moss trade. I can't help but feel a little Hershelled this morning. :D

If TW turns into the playmaker "Tice and the rest of the brain trust" says he will the trade will be a success but remember for all the BS we had with Moss, he was a game breaker not just a playmaker, but someone they had to account for each play. I hope it all works out as I had a heck of a time rooting for Moss and that side of me is glad to see him talking about Josh Gordon use now that he doesn't play for us anymore. What a player, what a putz.

I'm not saying that I wish we still had Moss... I just wish we gotten more for him. I guess it's just obviously too early to tell how we made out, but I'm nervous. Harris isn't the threat that he was made out to be, and our top draft pick Williamson has been dropping balls left and right (when he's been on the field).

To me, I think we got more than enough for him. His locker room presence, his off/on the field antics brought the team down. It was all about Randy. Granted, I will miss his outstanding play, but I think it just brought the team down. I can tell the way team plays and they have fun. They look more like a team instead of Randy Moss and the Vikings. Burleson is going to have a hugh year.

Back to the topic..There is a good article in the strib this morning about Cowart and the linebackers. It mostly about Cowart, but the last paragraph says it all.

"We're going to keep an eye on all of our guys to see how they're doing," Cottrell said. "I think he'll be fine. I'm not worried about him. We're in a position now where we've got pretty decent linebackers. It would be a little different if we just had him. We'd have to use him all the time. But we don't have to worry. We don't have that."