[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JAX Homers

yo mama

Even the coach doesn't know... Courtesy of:

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_nfl_teams.php

Del Rio is encouraged the way some of the young running backs have performed in camp in Taylor's absence.

"I think Greg Jones has looked terrific. I think Alvin Pearman has looked great. I think LaBrandon Toefeld has looked great," he said while noting they've shown the Jaguars can run when Taylor is sidelined.

But their top priority is figuring out how to get into the end zone.

Yeah, I saw that. I've also seen the preseason stats, though I haven't seen any games. The Jag's website doesn't say much, either.

However, it does not appear Greg Jones is getting any pre-season reps as the starting tailback. I wonder if the Jags intend on keeping him at FB?

I watched the Tampa/Jax game the other night and I am not sure what there is to learn. Pearman got a lot of touches (losing a fumble too). I think their issue is that they are all the same type of runners, except for Jones. Pearman and Toe both are good, shifty pass catching RBs. I would put my money on Toe since AP is the rookie. Toe is not a small dude by any means.

I will tell you who did look good was Chad Owens, the rookie WR from Hawaii. If your league scores for individuals on Kick/Punt returns, this guy is good. He has great moves and gets up the field ASAP when he gets the ball and is very slippery. Also, he has made some very nice catches. I know that is a bit off-topic, but he is who I remember from the game to be honest.

How are Toefield and Pearman looking?  If Taylor can't go, any idea if one or the other becomes the primary RB?

942190[/snapback]

Well, here is the skinny as of today. Rumors are that Fred Taylor will make his pre-season debut this Thursday against the Falcons. For how many plays- who knows, but we will sure see how his knee is doing. In practice he has been cutting and running very well. but has not been in contact drills. To answer you question- Toefield has looked average and so has Pearman for that matter. I would say Pearman has shown more flashes that Toe, but they are pretty close. It will be a long year if Fred does not make it back.

Also- Chad Owens is the story of camp. He caught 3 passes against the Bucs and I believe 2 of them were for long yardage 3rd down conversions. He has been the little darling in the Jag camp and everyone around here is talking about how it was steal of the draft. A little guy that can fly. I would compare his build and speed/shiftyness to that of Steve Smith.

Greg Jones was moved to FB as you know and I do not believe they have any plans to move him back to RB. The coaches feel that Pearman and Toe can take the load if Taylor does not make it back or gets hurt again.

Nice info, JagHomer.

At least Greg Jones' role is clear (i.e., not in contention for back-up RB duites). It sounds like a tough handcuff for Fred Taylor owners, but that Toefield/Pearman are the only other realistic contenders.