[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook

fantasyfanatic

From Fanball:

09/08/05 12:55 PM

THE NEWS

Eagles running back Brian Westbrook ended his media silence on Thursday and told the team's official web site that he is no longer talking with the team about a contract extension. "We don't feel as though we've received a proposal from them that really represents the value that I bring to this team," he explained. "I'm not angry; I'm disappointed. From my side, it feels as though I'm not being appreciated." Westbrook is eligible to be an unrestricted free agent after this season, and he added that he plans to play out this season to the best of his abilities.

Our View

Westbrook is going to be playing for a major offseason paycheck, and fantasy owners have to be excited about that little extra incentive. This news doesn't greatly impact his 2005 fantasy value, but his keeper league ranking is now quite cloudy. Meanwhile, rookie Ryan Moats now looks more interest in keeper and dynasty leagues.

I see Fanball's opinion. Does anyone think this will help his value? Now it is a contract year. :D