[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did we learn yesterday?

Bill Swerski

- LJ is going to vulture A LOT of carries from Priest this season. It may not be RBBC, but I could easily see him getting 150-200 carries this year. He was clearly the more effective back yesterday and Vermeil won't ignore that. Unfortunately for Priest owners, the bulk of LJ's carries will probably be later in the season.

- Chad Pennington is suffering from Kurt Warner Syndome. Symptoms include loss of arm strength, inability to hold onto the ball, and panic in the pocket.

- The Ravens are one solid QB away from the AFC title. Their defense is incredible. I don't know if Anthony Wright is good enough, but he's a hell of a lot better than Boller, whose start last night was his final as a Raven.

- Even at age 33, Marvin still has the speed to burn top defensive backs.

- The Colts need a blocking fullback. They looked wretched on short-yardage situations last night.

- The Packers are going to be awful this year... maybe even worse than the Bears. The only question now is whether or not Brett will jump this sinking ship next year.

- Mike Martz was beaten by an inferior team... again. One that was 2-12 last year and couldn't run the ball all afternoon.

- Stephen Davis still has a little left in the tank.

- Steve Smith will be a Top 5 fantasy WR this year.

Edit: Chiefs D looks massively improved. They could challenge SD for the division title.

Edited by Bill Swerski

- LJ is going to vulture A LOT of carries from Priest this season.  It may not be RBBC, but I could easily see him getting 150-200 carries this year.  He was clearly the more effective back yesterday and Vermeil won't ignore that.  Unfortunately for Priest owners, the bulk of LJ's carries will probably be later in the season.

- Chad Pennington is suffering from Kurt Warner Syndome.  Symptoms include loss of arm strength, inability to hold onto the ball, and panic in the pocket.

- The Ravens are one solid QB away from the AFC title.  Their defense is incredible.  I don't know if Anthony Wright is good enough, but he's a hell of a lot better than Boller, whose start last night was his final as a Raven.

- Even at age 33, Marvin still has the speed to burn top defensive backs.

- The Colts need a blocking fullback.  They looked wretched on short-yardage situations last night.

- The Packers are going to be awful this year... maybe even worse than the Bears.  The only question now is whether or not Brett will jump this sinking ship next year.

- Mike Martz was beaten by an inferior team... again.  One that was 2-12 last year and couldn't run the ball all afternoon.

- Stephen Davis still has a little left in the tank.

- Steve Smith will be a Top 5 fantasy WR this year.

984100[/snapback]

The one about the Colts needing a blocking FB couldn't be more true. I hate to say this but when you think about it it's actually a joke. How does a team that good with those kind of SB hopes not get even a middle of the road big FB to block just on short yardage plays. Heck they'd be better off putting a TE in there at FB on short yardage plays than Mungro who is a converted RB.

Oh yeah and LJ will get carries no doubt. He looked great yesterday. Like a powerful machine. I was way off on him, he is a stud.

Edited by giantsfan