[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball help

blakeas

I am going into my league's championship week and the following is my starting lineup....

C Brandon Inge

1B David Ortiz

2B Juan Uribe

3B Hank Blalock

OF Carlos Beltran

OF Matt Holiday

OF Austin kearns

DH Richie Sexson

U Jermaine Dye

P John Patterson

P Pedro Martinez

P Brad Radke

P K-Rod

P BJ Ryan

P Brandon Webb

P Carlos Zambrano

I am in a H2H Pts League - pretty much standard scoring with a little weighted towards HR hitters and pitchers get 10 pts for a win, 2.25 pts/in, 1pt/SO, -1 for ER, -.5 BB, etc. My bench is as follows:

C John Buck

OF Jason Lane

OF Preston Wilson

OF Corey Patterson

1B Ryan Howard

3B corey Koskie

1B Phil Nevin

P Sean Douglass

P Scott Kazmir

P Brian Lawrence

P John Lieber

P Joel Piniero

P Ervin Santana

P woody williams

And I have the usual suspects on the waiver wire - Any suggestions on my lineup? Should i pick someone up and insert them in there? it is a $1500 question!! (how much i win)

Isn't Ryan Howard tearing the cover off the ball?  Is Sexson and/or Dye a better option at DH/UTIL?  Is it a weekly league, or can you adjust your lineup day-to-day?  Weekly leagues, for baseball, in my opinion, are dumb.

1002442[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply - Well I Sexson has been tearing the cover off the ball as well - But Howard goes against atlanta which has good starting pitching and he only plays 6 games, Dye plays seven but against CLE and MIN, and I just picked up Atkins who has 7 in COL. This is a weekly league that I have to have my lineup in before the 1st game of the week.

Thanks for the reply - Well I Sexson has been tearing the cover off the ball as well - But Howard goes against atlanta which has good starting pitching and he only plays 6 games, Dye plays seven but against CLE and MIN, and I just picked up Atkins who has 7 in COL.  This is a weekly league that I have to have my lineup in before the 1st game of the week.

1002482[/snapback]

Haven't been paying attention to batters much. The roto league I'm in is very close at the top, and my offense has been solid, so no need to tinker much there. I wasn't aware Sexson was so hot.

I don't know about those weekly leagues... guess it caters to people that are more used to fantasy football. Me? I like being able to set my lineup every day, make adjustments, etc. Picked up a couple Padres (Randa and Hernandez) in hopes that the Coors factor comes into play. Short schedule today, and I have plenty of games to use.

Good luck!

Edited by darin3

I think Woody Williams has two starts this week.

One is in Coors, but he could be an option, depending on your rules and scoring.

1002706[/snapback]

He plays in Colorado and in Arizona - the 2 biggest launching pads in all of baseball - he is not a viable option this week.......