[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nate Burleson

Cosmo-J

Any MIN homers out there know anything more about Nate Burleson? For one, how's his injury looking? More important though, where will he stand in the Vikings OFF? Granted, C-Pep was atrocious in the first 2 games, so no MIN receiver looked good. But with Travis Taylor and Williamson coming on and the singing of Koren Robinson (until he gets another DUI), the field just doesn't seem big enough. I remember Culpepper saying Burleson was on the verge of being a superstar, but he's been a super-nothing so far...

What's the word on the street?

BAD TIMING on the injury. The Vikings just generally sucked the first two weeks, and for no good reason - they just looked unprepared. Now that they are seemingly back on track, he's out until week 6.

He would have had nice week 3 stats had he been there.

At this point, all you can do is hope he is going to recover at all, and they let him back in the crowded WRs corps.

I'm not a homer, but I had the same injury two years ago. It's really hard to do, usually only a direct frontal blow underneath the knee will sprain a PCL. I did it diving headfirst for a football and landing on my left knee, while bent

It took me about 2 weeks of rest (waiting for appointments, MRIs results, etc.)and then 6 weeks of rehab to heal it. You can actually run on it during that time, but you can't make quick moves or any kind of stop and start, quick start, explosive motion. When you do, you stretch the ligament a bit, and it feels like a very painful popping inside your knee, you can't play through it.

I would figure with NFL training resources and depending on the severity of the sprain, he might make it back in another 4 or 5 weeks, then it might take him another week to get back to full speed. Part of it will be a confidence issue that when he goes to make a quick move, that sharp piercing pain will not be there.