[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WEEKLY BLITZ PARTICIPANTS ... TAKE II

Grits and Shins

Many of you need to review the rules in regards to taking teams that are OFF the board.

When I pulled the lines on Tuesday morning several games were OFF the board. Typically games are OFF the board because there is some uncertainty about the health of 1 or more key players. The odds makers aren't sure how to set the odds to equalize betting for both teams. Usually odds will be established later in the week, but not always.

Some have questioned why I don't wait to post the odds until later. I post every Tuesday morning to give the greatest amount of time for participants to get their entries in. I have considered updating the odds later in the week but decided against primarily because participants have already made picks based on the posted odds and I am not going to track multiple sets of odds for the same game.

If you pick any team from a game OFF the board it is an automatic loss. That means if you selected any of the following teams it will be an automatic loss (even if the team you picked wins by over 100 points):

NYJ @ BAL ... obviously the Jets lost 2 QBs last weekend

DEN @ JAC ... probably Champ Bailey and Rod Smith gave the odds makers pause here

PHI @ KCC ... obviously McNabb's sports hernia is in play here

These owners have picked games that are OFF the board

Ice717

Selly

Avernus

Perchoutofwater

And while I have your attention, please put teams in ALPHABETICAL order in the format that they are listed (3 character abbreviation ... DAL, DEN, OAK ... NOT ... Dallas, Denver, Oakland ... NOT Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders.