[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detriot Homers

Duchess Jack

I just got Roy in a deal as an aside.

A non-Priest owner in my league had a hardon for LJ - he offered Ronnie and I told him that I was not interested.

He then countered as said - take Ronnie and one of any of these players for LJ and your trash.

Well - low and behold, with his stock down after two weeks - there waiting for me was Roy Williams. I hopped all over it. I passed him Dayne in return as he has Bell.

He was fleeced - but not by me.

Anyway. I have been looking to quickly turn Roy over for something I have more confidence in. My question is - Is Roy still as good as the huddle rankings had him at the beginnig of the year. What wides would you say he is equivilent to. I want to know if I should just hold on to him. If anything, I probably should until his value goes up.

I paid no attention to Detroit wides this year because I felt that they - like the Denver backfield - were a clusterfek not worth dealing with.

I just got Roy in a deal as an aside. 

A non-Priest owner in my league had a hardon for LJ - he offered Ronnie and I told him that I was not interested.

He then countered as said - take Ronnie and one of any of these players for LJ and your trash. 

Well - low and behold, with his stock down after two weeks - there waiting for me was Roy Williams.  I hopped all over it.  I passed him Dayne in return as he has Bell.

He was fleeced - but not by me.

Anyway.  I have been looking to quickly turn Roy over for something I have more confidence in.  My question is - Is Roy still as good as the huddle rankings had him at the beginnig of the year.  What wides would you say he is equivilent to.  I want to know if I should just hold on to him.  If anything, I probably should until his value goes up. 

I paid no attention to Detroit wides this year because I felt that they - like the Denver backfield - were a clusterfek not worth dealing with.

1033263[/snapback]

I would hold onto Roy and let his value rise(and it will). right now it is next to impossible to anything good for any Lions players.

In two games, Roy Williams is the only WR that consistently gets thrown to.  He had several drops in Week 1.  He had a good week in Week 2.  He is the only player on Detroit that produces fantasy-wise.  I am starting him this week.

1033274[/snapback]

This is my take, as well. The Lions defense has both played and game-planned horribly, which has led (and will continue to lead) to a lot of throwing. Roy has been the best WR so far. I wouldn't expect big numbers unless Harrington improves, but he should be a lock for at least some yards in every game. Even if nothing changes, he's good bye week filler.

I wouldn't expect big numbers unless Harrington improves, but he should be a lock for at least some yards in every game.  Even if nothing changes, he's good bye week filler.

1035830[/snapback]

This is really a shame, because if Roy had a REAL NFL quarterback throwing to him, he would be a receiver STUD!!!! :D