[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Basketball?

Like clockwork

I've done fantasy basketball for a few years now and I personally think it's lame but only b/c I'm not that big of a basketball fan. I usually get roped in from some of my friends who are big fans. Scoring is usually just your typical roto. Something like FG/FT %, rebounds, steals, 3 pters. pts, blocks... My advice is don't draft Shaq....

Edited by Piles

Our fantasy basketball league started in 1988. FG%, FT%, points, rebounds, assists, and steals and blocks (combined). Once you get the hang of it, it's a blast because every player contributes (in theory) across the board, unlike baseball. I actually don't care for the actual NBA game that much, but the NBA fantasy game is great.

I agree that it is a mistake to draft Shaq or purchase him at the auction, but he can be an outstanding mid-season acquistion depending on how FT% is shaking out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Our fantasy basketball league started in 1988.  FG%, FT%, points, rebounds, assists, and steals and blocks (combined).  Once you get the hang of it, it's a blast because every player contributes (in theory) across the board, unlike baseball.  I actually don't care for the actual NBA game that much, but the NBA fantasy game is great.

I agree that it is a mistake to draft Shaq or purchase him at the auction, but he can be an outstanding mid-season acquistion depending on how FT% is shaking out for you.

1036688[/snapback]

Where can I get free fantasy basketball rankings? Is there a free website out there?

Where can I get free fantasy basketball rankings?  Is there a free website out there?

1059426[/snapback]

I got mine off Yahoo but that's after I signed up for a league. I am sure they have something out there even if you aren't in a league.

Jay