[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at Defense?

LegFuJohnson

There are people on this board who have played fantasy hockey longer than I have... (If you've played at all, you've played more than I have)

So let me know if there are any glaring errors in my lineup, if you would?

This league is weekly transactions, not daily. I haven't really checked (I probably should, and will) if someone has 3 games, as opposed to 2 for this 1st short week that could change something.

It's H2H, and 10 categories.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG and for Goalies, it's W, GAA, SV% and SHO.

My starting lineup is:

C - Arnott

C - Demitra

LW - Shanahan

LW - R Smyth

RW - Jagr

RW - Zednik

D - Lidstrom

D - Hamrlik

D - Foote

D - D Morris

G - Turco

G - Aebischer

Bench

C - Roenick; Lindros

RW - Daigle

LW - Friesen

D - Brisebois

G - DiPietro

Is there anyone on my bench that should obviously be in the lineup?

Thanks

your 4 centers are all fairly even IMO. play matchups with them. it sounds like it will definitely be worth your while to count the number of games everyone has before setting your lineup. i'd always play the guys with the most games, unless it means benching jagr for daigle because daigle has one more game or something like. other than that your starters are clearly better than your bench.

Thanks.

I'll be checking the schedule tonight. The starters were the guys drafted first. I was armed with Yahoo's rankings (that's where the league is), and a printout of ESPN top 100, that was about it.

While I'm on the subject, in a 10-team league with this roster size, is there anyone on the roster that obviously should be on the wire? I don't think that there is, but what do I know?

:D First season in fantasy hockey for me... I know the basic concepts, know the franchises that put the best product (in terms of watching the sport, winning, and producing #s), and know the names... but the nuances? :D

Now, I know I'll probably get some responses from guys in my league, seeing that it is a BOTH league... so I'll take those responses with a grain of salt! :oldrazz:

Hopefully there are some other fantasy hockey vets out there that can help a rookie out! :D

Here's who I have penciled in as starters / bench guys:

C: Demitra

C: Morrison

LW: Frolov

LW: Andreychuck

RW: Palffy

RW: Murray

D: Stuart

D: Tverdovsky

D: Markov

D: Boucher

G: Turco

G: Kiprusoff

Bench:

C: Briere, Lindros

LW: Konowalchuk

RW: Mellanby

D: Poti

G: Joseph

:D:D:D

I know I have 2 of the top goalies - which is important. Any position I'm critically weak? Comments/suggestions?

Edit: This is a daily league... so I can mix-n-match as the days go by and matchups allow.

Edited by darin3

in a 10 team league, i'd be willing to bet there are better players (IMO at least) than daigle and friesen out there. someone like nikolai zherdev, who could end up being a big scorer for columbus, is probably out there, and he's got a lot more upside than daigle. maybe ryan malone (who's on a line with mario lemieux and palffy :eek: ). maybe freddie modin? just guessing as to guys who might be available. also, if kari lehtonen is a free agent i'd be tempted to drop dipietro and grab him, but that one is a fairly close call either way.