[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dillon

chires

I know Bellichek doesn't say squat,but I am asking for opinions here.

Anyone think NE will begin to rest Dillon once they can not improve their playoff position any??

Did they rest him last year?

Thanks for the help. I may need to see other option for week 16 if they concensus is he will sit.

I thought about the same thing a few days ago...here are his stat lines from last few weeks of last year:

Week 14 - 22 carries, 88 yards, 1 TD

Week 15 - 26 carries, 121 yard, 2 TD's (one recieving)

Week 16 - 29 carries, 89 yards

Week 17 - 14 carries, 116 yards, 1TD

I can't remember when NE clinched the first round bye (remember they did not have homefield last year, Pitt did). Seems to me though that at least the last two weeks, they had nothing to play for, so it looks like Dillon got some work in garbage time last year.

That said, this year is different than last year. Dillon has been banged up. Did you see the game on Sunday? I did not, but would be very curious to how he looked. Some others said he looked pretty good, breaking tackles, running through guys, etc.

That makes me think that maybe he woud rest. Then again, maybe they would want to play him, since he has had alot of time off, and want him to get into game-shape.

My gut says he will play a large role until they clinch the division (which could be this week if they win and Mia loses). I think once they clinch, he will not play as big of a role, but big enough of one to be of use to your fantasy team.

Go Miami this weekend! Hell go Buffalo this weekend (just let Corey get his!) I am a Dillon owner too, and the last thing I want to see is them play meaningless games and sit Dillon after I have patiently waited for him to come back!

I agree. he has been frustrating this year and Bellichek certainly doesn't help. This is great info. My gut say that they may rest him in week 17, but week 16 he may still be in the mix barring he doesn't re-injure anything in the next 2 weeks, which certainly not out of the question

no, they won't bench him..they are far from clinching in reality..as a PATS fan..they could loose all there games as from what ive seen so far this season..dillon will probably stay in..tho they have been doing just as shuckstyy with him out..

1202176[/snapback]

If they win this weekend, and Miami loses, they clinch the division...thats what it says at NFL.com under the playoff scenarios...