[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Late Round or FA Keeper Potential

Hugh 0ne

Was answering a question in the Advice Forum, that had me come up with the following list:

Guys that may be on the WW in smaller leagues, or guys drafted real late that have keeper upside/potential:

Feel free to add players or comment on my assessment.

If you're talking about guys that may not be on a roster that COULD, in a long shot, pan out as succesful starters next year, I'll drop a few names your way.

RB's:

Cedrick Houston - Very possibly the future feature back for the Jets, and CuMar ain't getting any younger.

Ryan Moats - Westbrook and Buckhalter just can't stay healthy. The rookie has a 5.3 YPC average with no QB and no WR's. The Eagles will give this kid a look.

Dominic Rhodes - Could/should start somewhere next year.

Frank Gore - Probably a little late on this one, but Gore has looked very good. Now if they could only assemble a team around him. The rookie is getting a look, and if SF doesn't draft Reggie Bush, Gore will probably be the feature back in SF next year.

WR's:

K. Robinson - someone will emerge as the top WR in Minnesota, why not the experienced KRob?

M. Clayton - Kids got skills, question will be if Boller can get him the ball.

T. Williamson - someone will emerge as the top WR in Minnesota, why not the young Williamson?

QB's:

JP Losman - Health is an issue, but he showed some flashes of solid QB'ing when he played, and he's young, so he could emerge into a decent fantasy QB.

K. Boller - I really don't think he's got a chance, but might be worth a long shot

R. Grossman - Maybe a bit too late on this one, but if this guy could stay healthy, with a good running game, and Mush to throw to, he could put up solid numbers.

S. Rosenfels - Looked good in his limited action. With Chambers emerging as a stud WR, and Frerotte likely not being the long term solution, Sage MIGHT get a shot.

D. Carr - No one will want to touch this guy, but he's come on at the end of the season, and with a healthy Davis (or Reggie Bush) and a healthy Johnson, he could have that good year he was supposed to have this year.

Was answering a question in the Advice Forum, that had me come up with the following list:

Guys that may be on the WW in smaller leagues, or guys drafted real late that have keeper upside/potential:

Feel free to add players or comment on my assessment.

If you're talking about guys that may not be on a roster that COULD, in a long shot, pan out as succesful starters next year, I'll drop a few names your way.

RB's:

Cedrick Houston - Very possibly the future feature back for the Jets, and CuMar ain't getting any younger.

Ryan Moats - Westbrook and Buckhalter just can't stay healthy. The rookie has a 5.3 YPC average with no QB and no WR's. The Eagles will give this kid a look.

Dominic Rhodes - Could/should start somewhere next year.

Frank Gore - Probably a little late on this one, but Gore has looked very good. Now if they could only assemble a team around him. The rookie is getting a look, and if SF doesn't draft Reggie Bush, Gore will probably be the feature back in SF next year.

1239464[/snapback]

Not to forget Derrick Blaylock in NY, who is also very possibly the featured back for the jets next season.

Also, Where Bush ends up could have significant impact here. If he ends up in GB, you might see Najeh Davenport on another team. If he ends up on Houston, J Wells will probably be looking. In SF, Barlow will be needing a new home. None of these are guarantees by any stretch, but there is potential.

Also, O Smith will be back in the fold in Minn.

WR's:

K. Robinson - someone will emerge as the top WR in Minnesota, why not the experienced KRob?

M. Clayton - Kids got skills, question will be if Boller can get him the ball.

T. Williamson - someone will emerge as the top WR in Minnesota, why not the young Williamson?

1239464[/snapback]

Also depending on what happens in SF, Battle has potential. C Rogers will probably be on another squad. B Johnson (Az) could be with another squad. D Givens could be featured on another team next year.

QB's:

JP Losman - Health is an issue, but he showed some flashes of solid QB'ing when he played, and he's young, so he could emerge into a decent fantasy QB.

K. Boller - I really don't think he's got a chance, but might be worth a long shot

R. Grossman - Maybe a bit too late on this one, but if this guy could stay healthy, with a good running game, and Mush to throw to, he could put up solid numbers.

S. Rosenfels - Looked good in his limited action. With Chambers emerging as a stud WR, and Frerotte likely not being the long term solution, Sage MIGHT get a shot.

D. Carr - No one will want to touch this guy, but he's come on at the end of the season, and with a healthy Davis (or Reggie Bush) and a healthy Johnson, he could have that good year he was supposed to have this year.

1239464[/snapback]

P Rivers/D Brees could end up elsewhere. Minnesota's QB sit is up in the air, and I'll bet they'd like to see one of those 2 guys come by. Aaron Rogers might be doomed....er...starting in GB. Charlie Frye has looked good at times.