[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hostel

TDFFFreak

Saw his movie this weekend and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Went in not knowing too much about it, but thinking it was just going to be a tourture or slasher film.

I won't give away too much at this point, but the first 2/3rds of the movie is spent knowing that something bad is going to happen. A lot of beautiful naked women too. This is not high cinema, but it's a fun ride. :D

would you recommend it to someone who likes Saw and Saw II?

1254289[/snapback]

Absolutley. Not as gruesome as the Saws, but I felt it was actually more involving and not quite as gross. I liked Saw and Saw II BTW, but thought they were far from perfect.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I just got the Saw Uncut DVD last night. Compared to other films, the gore in the first Saw isn't even that bad. I'll definitely make it out to see Hostel though.

1254470[/snapback]

You kinda need to like the genre at least a little, but I think Hostel is a nice entry into it's niche.

• 3 years later...

I wish I could watch these movies. I lost a friend about 6 years ago in kind of a gruesome circumstance, went to see Gangs of New York shortly after and had to leave the theater. Still can't handle any gore in movies. Watching a beheading video from Iraq a few years ago was not a good idea either.