[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Large" survey job

polksalet

Apparently a buddy of mine is going on this shindig and wants to bring me along. If I could go for a month or so I might be interested but most likely I will pass. Although it would be extremely cool.

http://surveying-mapping-gis.blogspot.com/...l-of-china.html

that would be the project of a lifetime.  the guy on the site is from a town about 45 minutes from where i grew up and i see he is a fellow penn stater although i don't think i've ever run into him back in pa at all.

1281015[/snapback]

I have actually been on two that were more important to me than this one. The wall will remain beyond my physical existence, many things do not. After all, it is a freaking wall. Now pyramids, that is another issue all together :D .

I have actually been on two that were more important to me than this one. The wall will remain beyond my physical existence, many things do not. After all, it is a freaking wall.  Now pyramids, that is another issue all together  :D .

1281022[/snapback]

awesome. i'd love to hear/read about it.

awesome.  i'd love to hear/read about it.

1281028[/snapback]

Yesterday I located a previusly undocumented mound from the 1840's. My two favorites were mapping the shuttle debris, and mapping an ancient volcano.

I did however take some rough measurements of the temple of the sun. I plan on going back someday and combining rtk with a bunch of solar and lunar observations. I have no idea what I will find, if anything, but dialing the pyramids in real time with polaris would be the coolest trick I can think of.

When I win powerball I will do a year in Peru followed by a decade at Giza but I am not holding my breath. In the meantime I will have to be satisfied with mile markers of the TX/LA boundary.