[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Captial One is a bunch

cliaz

Call and complain. Tell them you're closing your account. See how fast they adjust your rates. If not, take one of the 600 "0% finance charge for the first year" credit card apps that you received in teh mail this month and move your money and payment to that. The only way to send a message is with cash.

1296221[/snapback]

DING DING DING. I think you''ll find that they want you business a lot more then they want that extra cash from raising the interest rates.

I have a Capital One VISA and I must say I have been satisfied.

It's no annual fee.  :D

I get about 1% cash back (credited to my account at the end of the year).  :D

I pay off my balance at the end of each month so I can say F Off to the interest rates.  I don't know what mine is to tell the truth. 

I don't really like the stigma attached to a Capital One card though (since they seem to market to poor credit risks).  Some of my friends noticed it and made fun of me and it hurt my feelings.  :D

Do any of y'all know of a better VISA?  I know Costco has an AMEX that is better than this but AMEX isn't as well accepted as VISA.

My criteria are 1. Cash back and 2.  No annual fee.  What I'm looking for is "no stigma."

1296374[/snapback]

I got a Chase reward VISA. 1% refund on all purchases, 5% on groceries, gas, and drug stores. It took awhile to get my maximum straight, as they initially only gave me a ~$500 credit line, eventhough I have quite a few $$$ with their bank. I think the problem was I had my $$$ w/ Bank One and I applied for the card before the switch to Chase. They apologized and gave me a reasonable max..

Edited by rocknrobn26

FWIW, and I hate all credit cards to begin with... Capital One was card that really stepped up when my wife's account information was stolen during an online retail transaction. We ended up with over $5000 in charges to some computer companies in Korea, before we discovered it on our next statement. One phone call, one statement to sign, all charges reversed, no hoops to jump through ... Not a single dime lost out of pocket.

I still hate credit cards for the outageous rates and fees, but at least I have some I idea of the value I'm getting for my money.

Guest THEbigred
There is an ex-friend of mine that works at Capital One. 

we have lots of mutual friends and he showed up at our last home poker game.  I can kill him for you as revenge if you like.  Just lemme know.

1296243[/snapback]

Cap One is saturated with fruitcakes and back-stabbers (no I haven't experienced it but have it on good authority from multiple sources and have met more than a few employees who only confirmed it)....which the company encourages with brilliant ideas like "peer reviews" and interviews that ask you such relevent things as algebra.

Go for it.

They have started calling my house, even though I am on the do not call list and I asked to be taking off and they said it would take up to 30 days.. Never had an account with them and have no credit card debt. WHY they want me I have no clue.