[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lacy vs calzaghe saturday

for those with showtime....9pm...saturday....two unbeated super middleweights get it on in manchester...billed as the biggest fight in the division since roy took on james toney in 94....jeff lacy vs joe calzaghe

lacy going into calzaghes backyard for this one...showing balls....i took a picture with jeff lacy on the floor at winky wrights last fight...the guy is 5-9...and he is a beast...i seriously dont know how he makes 168...built similar to tyson...i dunno if anyone caught his last fight against scott pemberton...but that punch he ended him with was one of the loudest, cleanest, most vicious shots ive ever seen

anyways, if youve got showtime, and you dont really follow boxing because of the lackluster heavyweight division....you should check it out...fights like this arent often free

Lacy sure got his ass handed to him.  Calzaghe dominated him from start to finish.  I am surprized Lacy lasted till the end.

1355729[/snapback]

He might have lost. But showed the rest of the contenders in his weight class he is a force. That knock down wasn't a knock down. Freaking ref. I think he was too young and didn't have enough fights under his belt to handle Calzaghe. No doubt he can take a punch or 2 or 1000.

yeah lacy showed some heart, that wasnt a knockdown...i thought he was done in the 9th..sparring with winky wright wasnt beneficial to jeff at all, even though hes also a southpaw...cause winky stands in front of you and blocks with his arms and gloves and moves his upperbody....calzaghe was moving his feet and setting up shots....that was rough to watch...lacy is a good guy

Lacy showed he could take a punch but he was the guy picked by nearly everyone to win and he lost every round.  Joe wasn't buying the hype it appears.

1365676[/snapback]

lacy was picked by nearly everyone because he was somewhat of a known entity....joe was kind of a mystery to most american fans....kind of like ricky hatton was before beating kostya tszyu....all his fights are in england, or germany....and he was knocked down in the 2nd round in 03, on showtime against byron mitchell, although he did get up and knock mitchell down in the same round

basically most of the public had never seen joe...and most of the writers and hardcore boxing fans feel that he was never challenged or stepped in the ring with an elite fighter