[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USA vs. Japan

Guest Cherni

Guest Cherni

Anyone see that overturned call that took a run off the board for Japan? They got robbed so bad. A runner tagged up from 3rd, scored on a fly-out. USA challenged at 3rd, and they were denied. Then the ump overturned the decision, called the runner out, inning over. Japan refused to take the field for a few minutes. The announcers were talking about an "international incident". LOL, they really got robbed, horrible call.

USA USA

It was a real good game, like at lot of them so far in the tourney.

I think during the game one announcer was saying he was out and the other was saying he was safe.

I'm with you I think Japan should have had that run. I don’t think he left early but even if he did its not like he just made it, he was at home easily by 1.5 - 2.5 seconds. And if he jumped early it would be a 1/4 of a second early jump.

I love this WBC, it’s like I get to watch 8-10 all star games, instead of just one.

Guest Cherni
I was skeptical, but I find it entertaining. I have been rooting against the Americans though, is that because I'm a kommi? Or I just hate Alex Rodriguez that much?

1367231[/snapback]

I hear that, I'm a Yankee/Braves hating kind of Mets fan, but I found myself rooting for Chipper, Jeter and A-Rod. Are you a Seattle fan? Where does the A-Rod hate come from?

I was skeptical, but I find it entertaining. I have been rooting against the Americans though, is that because I'm a kommi? Or I just hate Alex Rodriguez that much?

1367231[/snapback]

You are a commie.

I hear that, I'm a Yankee/Braves hating kind of Mets fan, but I found myself rooting for Chipper, Jeter and A-Rod. Are you a Seattle fan? Where does the A-Rod hate come from?

1367248[/snapback]

I am a Seattle fan, but I just don't like Rodriguez's demeanor. I can't pinpoint it beyond that. He's a helluva ballplayer. The best of his generation, no question, but there's something about his personality I find really difficult to root for.

Chipper Jones? Derek Jeter? Ken Griffey? No problem whatsoever. ARod...can't really stand him.

Guest Cherni
I am a Seattle fan, but I just don't like Rodriguez's demeanor. I can't pinpoint it beyond that. He's a helluva ballplayer. The best of his generation, no question, but there's something about his personality I find really difficult to root for.

Chipper Jones? Derek Jeter? Ken Griffey? No problem whatsoever. ARod...can't really stand him.

1367285[/snapback]

I figured you were a M's fan, and I hear you with Arod's demeanor. Taking nothing away from his play as he is obviously one of the best players to EVER take the field, I agree with you. He's so darn PC that you just can't take anything he says serious. He says what he thinks you want to hear, whether it's an SI article or the NY Post. That's what bothers me about him, but like I said, one of the greatest ballplayers ever.

1367285[/snapback]

I think for me, I don't feel that he plays with any passion whatsoever. He is almost robotic.

Guest Cherni
I think for me, I don't feel that he plays with any passion whatsoever.  He is almost robotic.

1367603[/snapback]

Yup, no emotion ever. You figure after banking $250,000,000 )before endorsements), the guy could loosen up a bit.