[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Fix is in...

Guest Cherni

Guest Cherni

Another TERRIBLE call in the Venezuela/Puerto Rico game. These umps are making a mockery of the Classic. Just terrible. I'm a baseball purist, but instant replay needs to be used in certain situations.

Valentin slid back into 3B and had his hand on the bag before the ball even got to the third basemen. The tag wasnt even close and he's called out.

Guest Cherni
As if the WBC needs the officiating to bring a negative light to it.  I'm sure they need all the help they can to make this tournament a lasting event.

1367604[/snapback]

And for that reason alone, they should get the calls right, even if it means going to video. It's bad enough that it's disrupting ST, and a good amount of studs aren't playing in it, the bad calls are deciding games.

It's bad enough that it's disrupting ST,

1367610[/snapback]

I want to see stats, after April and compare the player who participated in the WBC vs. players who did the traditional ST.

I have a gut felling that the WBC players will have better starts, due to all the pressure situations.

man Korea is a real good team, I want to see them play the Dominican republic.

Guest Cherni
I want to see stats, after April and compare the player who participated in the WBC vs. players who did the traditional ST.

I have a gut felling that the WBC players will have better starts, due to all the pressure situations.

man Korea is a real good team, I want to see them play the Dominican republic.

1368176[/snapback]

Good point, what about the stats after August though and see if all this pressure causes fatigue down the road?

Korea is real good, Jae Seo is pitching lights out. I'm just hoping that no one gets hurt. I heard that Damon is dinged up, unsure of how bad it is though.

as a baseball fan im not worried about injuries, as a sox fan im worried just about my teams players. and you can get hurt anytime in ST. thou in the WBC you will be more likely to do more dangerous plays cause it matters more.

and i would worry anytime my teams players play Cuba.

the announcers said they play with passion, and hart. I think they were being PC on saying the play dirty.

for example when they slide home they try to hit your head instead off you chest, they hit a bunch of batters on purpose and they listed some other exps.

Yeah the August numbers would also be nice to look at. But when you look at the numbers, at the end you can directly correlate fatigue with the WBC. Because some managers may be 1-3 games behind and they may rest there players less, while some other teams will have big leads. And they will have that luxury of resting there players.

Guest Cherni
as a baseball fan im not worried about injuries, as a sox fan im worried just about my teams players. and you can get hurt anytime in ST. thou in the WBC you will be more likely to do more dangerous plays cause it matters more.

and i would worry anytime my teams players play Cuba.

the announcers said they play with passion, and hart. I think they were being PC on saying the play dirty.

for example when they slide home they try to hit your head instead off you chest, they hit a bunch of batters on purpose and they listed some other exps.

Yeah the August numbers would also be nice to look at. But when you look at the numbers, at the end you can directly correlate fatigue with the WBC. Because some managers may be 1-3 games behind and they may rest there players less, while some other teams will have big leads. And they will have that luxury of resting there players.

1368489[/snapback]

I hear you, but not for nothing, the Sox have 3 players playing in the classic:

Freddy Garcia, Ruben Rivera, and Javier Vazquez.

The Mets have 12 in Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado, Endy Chavez, Pedro Feliciano, Jorge Julio, Dae-Sung Koo, Juan Padilla, Jose Reyes, Duaner Sanchez, Jose Santiago, Jose Valentin, and Victor Zambrano.

I don't like it. A dozen players have a chance to get hurt, 6 are very important to the success of the Mets. As a baseball fan the ONLY thing that concerns me is injury. Well maybe not the only thing. ST is a time to get to know your teammates, to spend a ridiculous amount of time together and bond. I know, ghey, but it's true.

EDIT: I bolded the names of impact players.

Edited by Cherni

Guest Cherni
These are minor league umps, so I wouldn't expect them to be solid.

I'm against replay though, because it would open a crack for it to make it to the show which I would be opposed to 1000%. It's something MLB doesn't need.

1369752[/snapback]

I'm not talking about MLB instant replay, that will never happen. But just as olympic hockey and nhl have some different rules, I think the WBC should have replay. Like you said, they're not major league umpires. MLB umps make a bad call once in a while but for the most part these guys are excellent officials.

This is a very big stage for baseball in general, and MLB is promoting the heck out of it. I just think since it's an international event, and it's more like the olympics than MLB, get it right, no matter what you need to do. This time around games have been decided by bad calls, Japan is protesting the game, it's a mess. They'll do a better job next time around without a doubt.

I hear you, but not for nothing, the Sox have 3 players playing in the classic:

Freddy Garcia, Ruben Rivera, and Javier Vazquez.

The Mets have 12 in Carlos Beltran, Carlos Delgado, Endy Chavez, Pedro Feliciano, Jorge Julio, Dae-Sung Koo, Juan Padilla, Jose Reyes, Duaner Sanchez, Jose Santiago, Jose Valentin, and Victor Zambrano.

I don't like it. A dozen players have a chance to get hurt, 6 are very important to the success of the Mets. As a baseball fan the ONLY thing that concerns me is injury. Well maybe not the only thing. ST is a time to get to know your teammates, to spend a ridiculous amount of time together and bond. I know, ghey, but it's true.

EDIT: I bolded the names of impact players.

1369176[/snapback]

wow i had no idea they had 12, thats a crazy amount.

Guest Cherni
I would want replays for foul balls and HRs, not for strikes and balls.

1370588[/snapback]

See that HR that hit off the foul pole by Mexico? ANOTHER HUGH mistake by these amateur hour umps. This is terrible even though I'm rooting for USA, this chit can't continue. Awful, awful umpires. Unacceptable, this is a mockery.

Edited by Cherni

See that HR that hit off the foul pole by Mexico? ANOTHER HUGH mistake by these amateur hour umps. This is terrible even though I'm rooting for USA, this chit can't continue. Awful, awful umpires. Unacceptable, this is a mockery.

1374091[/snapback]

Yeah...I was mentioning that today to my boss.

Oh yeah...it hit the fair pole...:D

:D