[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raleigh N&O Reporting

billay

Front page this moning!

Apparently the rumors are true. Wow, who would have thunk it? Can't say this is good for NC State. They're not likely to get a coach oh Herb's caliber.

Becareful what you wish for.

Callipari is fools gold in my opinion. Of Course, you state folks are suckers for all-flash, no substance. Why is it, State fans would rather have a criminal than a class act? Do you realize how tough of a league this is? Why would somebody like Callipari want to come here and sully his (false IMHO) reputation as a winner? Rick Barnes struggled here, Pete Gillen struggled here. Who out there is going to come in a do a better job than Herb?

You guys think finishing third in this league is tough to stomach? Let's see what you think in the years to come. My guess is, you guys will be luck to sniff third anytime in the next 5 years.

You guys think finishing third in this league is tough to stomach?  Let's see what you think in the years to come.  My guess is, you guys will be luck to sniff third anytime in the next 5 years.

1400082[/snapback]

Yeah, I think UNC will lock in on third place for many years to come. :D

Callipari is fools gold in my opinion.  Of Course, you state folks are suckers for all-flash, no substance.  Why is it, State fans would rather have a criminal than a class act?  Do you realize how tough of a league this is?  Why would somebody like Callipari want to come here and sully his (false IMHO) reputation as a winner?  Rick Barnes struggled here,  Pete Gillen struggled here.  Who out there is going to come in a do a better job than Herb?

You guys think finishing third in this league is tough to stomach?  Let's see what you think in the years to come.  My guess is, you guys will be luck to sniff third anytime in the next 5 years.

1400082[/snapback]

Why wouldn't a top caliber coach want to come to the best :D sports conference in the nation? :D PAC-10 = Conference Of Champions!

Callipari is fools gold in my opinion.  Of Course, you state folks are suckers for all-flash, no substance.  Why is it, State fans would rather have a criminal than a class act?  Do you realize how tough of a league this is?  Why would somebody like Callipari want to come here and sully his (false IMHO) reputation as a winner?  Rick Barnes struggled here,  Pete Gillen struggled here.  Who out there is going to come in a do a better job than Herb?

1400082[/snapback]

Well since I started watching ACC Hoops live in 1973-yeah, I do know what I'm saying. This was once the storied program of the ACC-not UNC and not Duke. This program can attain those heights once again, but Herb had taken it as far as he could in the WolfPack Nations eye's. Rick Barnes(if he should come to State) stature is much more enhanced now at his tenure at Texas, and the difference between NC State and Clemson recruiting will alwys favor NC State. Barnes would be an awesome fit in Raleigh, but I understand your point of veiw, as Roy owned Herb :D . I, as an Alumni, won't be satisfied until we can honestly compete for ACC Crowns and Natl Titles again.

Well since I started watching ACC Hoops live in 1973-yeah, I do know what I'm saying. This was once the storied program of the ACC-not UNC and not Duke. This program can attain those heights once again, but Herb had taken it as far as he could in the WolfPack Nations eye's. Rick Barnes(if he should come to State) stature is much more enhanced now at his tenure at Texas, and the difference between NC State and Clemson recruiting will alwys favor NC State. Barnes would be an awesome fit in Raleigh, but I understand your point of veiw, as Roy owned Herb :D . I, as an Alumni, won't be satisfied until we can honestly compete for ACC Crowns and Natl Titles again.

1402870[/snapback]

Nc State was a storied program a looooong time ago. UNC and Duke have since rewritten that history and raised the bar a great deal.

Do you think NC State is a better job than Texas? Why would Barnes want to leave (not to mention he was friends with Herb.)

Aside from Barnes and Callipari, what names are the Wolfpack Faithful (a contradiction in terms) looking at?

Nc State was a storied program a looooong time ago.  UNC and Duke have since rewritten that history and raised the bar a great deal.

Do you think NC State is a better job than Texas?  Why would Barnes want to leave (not to mention he was friends with Herb.)

Aside from Barnes and Callipari, what names are the Wolfpack Faithful (a contradiction in terms) looking at?

1403193[/snapback]

Jay Wright of Villanova

Jay Wright of Villanova

1403616[/snapback]

Jay Wright has gone 76 - 54 with 2 NCAA appearances during hie tenure at Villanova. That's faily equivalent to what Herb did and State fans ran Herb out of town.

Besides, why would Wright want to leave Villanova for State?