[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Draft - 3rd round in progress

revhookem

Fitz and Holt, in that order, are at the top of my wish list.  Looking at the guys who will select between now and my next pick - 3 teams with 2 selections each - I'm guessing at least 2, possibly 3 or 4 WRs will be taken by the time I pick.  So it's doubtful either of those guys slip through.  Then again, I never would have thought Jordan would slip to me in round 3!

1432582[/snapback]

exactly...

I like Boldin right after them...but have Fitz ahead of him due to his knee being an obvious potential problem at some point...Fitz would be a primary target then..

either way...his value is higher...

also..TO should be around there was well..or Harrison..one of these 5 would be nice

then the following round would be one of R Williams/A Johnson/Housh/Walker/Wayne

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still dont forget about CHESTER TAYLOR

1432590[/snapback]

I did...lol...and with the whiz kid likely out of the mix...I like him alot...more than Jordan...

but honestly...with the way this draft is going, he can likely get Taylor in the 5th round after getting a stud WR...

I know it's risky...but worth it IMO..

I did...lol...and with the whiz kid likely out of the mix...I like him alot...more than Jordan...

but honestly...with the way this draft is going, he can likely get Taylor in the 5th round after getting a stud WR...

I know it's risky...but worth it IMO..

1432595[/snapback]

I would not risk letting someone else get him(Tyalor). you are right though, by looking at their draft I would not be suprised if every QB in the league is gone by round 6.

i doubt others start to draft backups so when they are picking scrubs at RB and WR he can nab a QB like Delhomme or Plummer or Leftwich etc

1432602[/snapback]

That quote you used was from another post.

You are right though, I would wait for a QB.

I would target Rivers and Leftwich as late QB's and take 4 RB's and 2 WR's before going QB.

after looking at the board....taking Jordan over Taylor may have been a mistake...

Taylor is a great pickup if he lands to you...and you'd almost have to take him...

but you'll miss out on a likely top 5 WR

1432606[/snapback]

but dont forget he can start 4 RBs

WR is still deep enough to compensate for not having a top 5WR ...not to mention there are Question marks surrounding almost every WR in the top 10

That quote you used was from another post.

You are right though, I would wait for a QB.

I would target Rivers and Leftwich as late QB's and take 4 RB's and 2 WR's before going QB.

1432607[/snapback]

I like Lefty some this yr but people always seem to forget about Delhomme and there is no reason he shouldnt duplicate or maybe even improve on last yrs numbers with a true #2 WR in the mix now

WR is still deep enough to compensate for not having a top 5WR ...not to mention there are Question marks surrounding almost every WR in the top 10

1432623[/snapback]

I agree, every single top WR has some kind of issue to be wary of. this is not the season IMO to take a WR in the 1st 2 rounds.

If Fitzgerald falls to me, no way I'm passing him up for Taylor. Y'all are obviously more sold on him than I am - and no way I'd rank him ahead of Jordan. Taylor is picking up steam as this year's Jordan though - a guy who has never proven he can do it, esp for a full season, but who has shown flashes. The difference is, Jordan has shown it now for a season as a starter, and there is no chance of his team bumping him as a starter (whereas there is still some concern that Minny will draft someone or use a rbbc w/ Whiz Kid).

I'm picking 7th from now. My next guys at each position would look something like this. Ideally, I'm thinking about a WR next.

Fitzgerald

Holt

T.O. (?) - great for this season, I think; beyond that?

Boldin

Westbrook?

CTaylor

JJones

KJones

Deuce ? - injury?

TJones

CBenson

RDroughns

DFoster

WDunn

CDillon

TBell

FTaylor

CHouston?

CBrown?

AGreen?

Bledsoe (I think he'll post vgood #s this yr, solid next, then decline)

PRivers

Leftwich

Volek? (if McNair is gone, even assuming they draft Young or Leinart)

Plummer

Vick

TGreen

KWarner

CSimms (got to... Hook'em!)

DCarr (control your laughter)

McNair (either in TEN or BAL)

McCown (I think he wins the DET job - lots of weapons)

Frye

Losman

If Fitzgerald falls to me, no way I'm passing him up for Taylor.  Y'all are obviously more sold on him than I am - and no way I'd rank him ahead of Jordan.  Taylor is picking up steam as this year's Jordan though - a guy who has never proven he can do it, esp for a full season, but who has shown flashes. The difference is, Jordan has shown it now for a season as a starter, and there is no chance of his team bumping him as a starter (whereas there is still some concern that Minny will draft someone or use a rbbc w/ Whiz Kid).

I'm picking 7th from now.  My next guys at each position would look something like this.  Ideally, I'm thinking about a WR next.

Fitzgerald

Holt

Boldin

Westbrook?

CTaylor

JJones

KJones

Deuce ? - injury?

TJones

CBenson

RDroughns

DFoster

WDunn

CDillon

TBell

FTaylor

CHouston?

CBrown?

AGreen?

PRivers

Leftwich

Plummer

Vick

TGreen

KWarner

Frye

Losman

1432647[/snapback]

It is your team and you seem knowledgable enough to me.

There is alot of RB's left, I see what you are saying about passing on Taylor, I would too, but I would pass him up and grab Julius Jones myself.

I like Lefty some this yr but people always seem to forget about Delhomme and there is no reason he shouldnt duplicate or maybe even improve on last yrs numbers with a true #2 WR in the mix now

1432625[/snapback]

Delhomme is gone - went at 3.3

I'll start a new post with the complete listings soon, so that it's all in one place and easy to check out.

It's true that I can start 4 RBs... but it's not like if I rack up 400 yds rushing to my opponents 100 yds rushing that it does me any good. I get one TD (7pts) for having the most rushing yds, then a FG (3pts) for each of the following rushing categories: # carries, best ind rush yds, rush TDs, rush avg.

From experience, I'd say the best starting lineup (generally speaking) in our league is this first one, then others follow that also work depending on matchups:

1 QB, 3 RBs & 2 WRs (and just give the opponent the K pts)

2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs

1 QB, 3 RBs, 1 WR & 1 K

2 QBs, 3 RBs, 1 WR

Obviously there are other variations... but in general, I prefer to go with one of those. So usually I would not start 4 RBs, unless I am relatively sure that all of them are going to catch alot as well and might be able to steal some of the receiving pts from whomever I'm playing.

Delhomme is gone - went at 3.3

I'll start a new post with the complete listings soon, so that it's all in one place and easy to check out.

It's true that I can start 4 RBs... but it's not like if I rack up 400 yds rushing to my opponents 100 yds rushing that it does me any good.  I get one TD (7pts) for having the most rushing yds, then a FG (3pts) for each of the following rushing categories: # carries, best ind rush yds, rush TDs, rush avg.

From experience, I'd say the best starting lineup (generally speaking) in our league is this first one, then others follow that also work depending on matchups:

1 QB, 3 RBs & 2 WRs (and just give the opponent the K pts)

2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs

1 QB, 3 RBs, 1 WR & 1 K

2 QBs, 3 RBs, 1 WR

Obviously there are other variations... but in general, I prefer to go with one of those.  So usually I would not start 4 RBs, unless I am relatively sure that all of them are going to catch alot as well and might be able to steal some of the receiving pts from whomever I'm playing.

1432651[/snapback]

It is not about starting them as much as having a solid backup when 1 of your backs get hurt(and they will), not to mention it gives you alot of options to play the matchups.

Of course this is JMO.

There is alot of RB's left, I see what you are saying about passing on Taylor, I would too, but I would pass him up and grab Julius Jones myself.

1432648[/snapback]

I do appreciate everyone's input and perspective.

I'd really love to grab Julius, Doc, since Da Boys are my boys! MBIII is the only thing that holds me back. I can see that CTaylor could possibly have a better season... but I actually think it is possible that he might last until my pick in rd 5 (not that he should, but that he might). I'm pretty sure the same is not true of JJ - so if the WRs at the top of my list are gone (there are good WRs beyond the 4 I listed, but they all fall into one big category for me), I might consider taking JJ in rd 4.

1432623[/snapback]

...4 RB's?...ok I stand corrected..

It is not about starting them as much as having a solid backup when 1 of your backs get hurt(and they will), not to mention it gives you alot of options to play the matchups.

Of course this is JMO.

1432656[/snapback]

You're definitely right about the injuries. I do believe that you can never have too many RBs. By the end of last season, on our 16-man squad, I was carrying 8 RBs!

1432648[/snapback]

JJ is too injury prone...I am against him and have been from the jump...

I do appreciate everyone's input and perspective.

I'd really love to grab Julius, Doc, since Da Boys are my boys!  MBIII is the only thing that holds me back.  I can see that CTaylor could possibly have a better season... but I actually think it is possible that he might last until my pick in rd 5 (not that he should, but that he might).  I'm pretty sure the same is not true of JJ - so if the WRs at the top of my list are gone (there are good WRs beyond the 4 I listed, but they all fall into one big category for me), I might consider taking JJ in rd 4.

1432658[/snapback]

Makes sense, you know what you are doing.

If Fitzgerald falls to me, no way I'm passing him up for Taylor.  Y'all are obviously more sold on him than I am - and no way I'd rank him ahead of Jordan.  Taylor is picking up steam as this year's Jordan though - a guy who has never proven he can do it, esp for a full season, but who has shown flashes. The difference is, Jordan has shown it now for a season as a starter, and there is no chance of his team bumping him as a starter (whereas there is still some concern that Minny will draft someone or use a rbbc w/ Whiz Kid).

I'm picking 7th from now.  My next guys at each position would look something like this.  Ideally, I'm thinking about a WR next.

Fitzgerald

Holt

Boldin

Westbrook?

CTaylor

JJones

KJones

Deuce ? - injury?

TJones

CBenson

RDroughns

DFoster

WDunn

CDillon

TBell

FTaylor

CHouston?

CBrown?

AGreen?

PRivers

Leftwich

Plummer

Vick

TGreen

KWarner

Frye

Losman

1432647[/snapback]

I started the Jordan bandwagon last year....this year, he has a new coach and has new question marks...

Taylor has a conservative coach who has wanted to run the ball her ein Philly for years and further proved it when he downgraded at QB and signed the best run blocking guard in football...

Taylor would be ideal as your next pick..

I am not a fan of him either, but he has the 2nd easiest schedule as far as RB's go in the league this year. if he stays healthy I am expecting a big season from him.

1432670[/snapback]

I'd say MB III is the RB to get later in the draft if you want to target this backfield...