[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im on the clock

Rookie Draft and I have the 11th pick its a keeper contract league. My keppers right now are:

D. Carr

A. Brooks

McAllister

T. Barber

K. Barlow

T. Jones

L. Coles

A. Johnson

T. Gonzales

We start: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 1D/ST

Off the board already is:

Bush, Leinart, Maroney, Addai, White, V. Davis, Young, D. Williams, C. Jackson, M. Drew.

Looking for the best value, who is left worth it?

Jerious Norwood.  Your RB corps is getting up in age, and I assume Norwood will be the starter in ATL next year.

1471250[/snapback]

That's a pretty bold assumption if by next year you mean 2006. I see Dunn remaining the main guy there this season, with Norwood possibly taking over the reigns in 2007... but even that is not for sure.

If you can pull off a QB upgrade as Gold proposes, that might be a decent option. I'd look to the team that has Plummer, and offer the pick to them with the idea being that they can get Cutler and solidify their QB position for years to come. If that team has another quality starting QB, package Brooks or Carr with your pick for that starter... if not, see if you can figure something out to upgrade at RB.

Short of all that, I'd probably suggest taking either Norwood or Cutler yourself, with the understanding that you will likely get little to no return on either of them this season. SMoss would be my third choice.

You need a RB badly. If you have to start 2, you have a problem. McAllister will not be back to form this year, Barlow is not very good, and who knows what's going to happen to Jones. Big ?'s at RB. Grab one as soon as you can.

That's a pretty bold assumption if by next year you mean 2006.  I see Dunn remaining the main guy there this season, with Norwood possibly taking over the reigns in 2007... but even that is not for sure.

If you can pull off a QB upgrade as Gold proposes, that might be a decent option.  I'd look to the team that has Plummer, and offer the pick to them with the idea being that they can get Cutler and solidify their QB position for years to come.  If that team has another quality starting QB, package Brooks or Carr with your pick for that starter... if not, see if you can figure something out to upgrade at RB.

Short of all that, I'd probably suggest taking either Norwood or Cutler yourself, with the understanding that you will likely get little to no return on either of them this season.  SMoss would be my third choice.

1471458[/snapback]

I meant 2007, sorry. I wasn't very clear there. I would ride Brooks and Carr this year, as I think Brooks will have a decent year, at least fantasywise. Kerry managed to finish at #10 with a less healthy Moss, so Brooks should do fine. Carr is still young and may be a decent option for 2007.