[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss for Gore, Greg Jones, and picks

Otis

I would not. and I am as big a Moss fan as you will find this year. you are giving up 2 backs that could end up starting at some point this year plus 2 picks, 1 of them being a 1st. I would sit still.

That being said, I expect Moss to have a huge year.

Interesting. I thought people would tell me to jump all over this.

I think the world of Frank Gore. And I also think my pick next year (its actually a pick in our upcoming developmental draft, where we pick a college player) is good for Calvin Johnson, who I think is going to be awesome.

So maybe you are right. It's a tough call, because if I do this deal I have an absolutely ridiculous starting lineup (but no depth).

Interesting. I thought people would tell me to jump all over this.

I think the world of Frank Gore. And I also think my pick next year (its actually a pick in our upcoming developmental draft, where we pick a college player) is good for Calvin Johnson, who I think is going to be awesome.

So maybe you are right. It's a tough call, because if I do this deal I have an absolutely ridiculous starting lineup (but no depth).

I also made my decision without really knowing how your team looked.how many teams were in your league and a few other things. just a offhand kind of look . the trade has the makings of 1 that could really help you out in the future with those picks plus a couple RB's that may be good for the now depending on how things work out.

I also made my decision without really knowing how your team looked.how many teams were in your league and a few other things. just a offhand kind of look . the trade has the makings of 1 that could really help you out in the future with those picks plus a couple RB's that may be good for the now depending on how things work out.

The only question I have about your response is that if Moss has a monster year (and returns to being the real Randy Moss) I think its a great trade for me. My problem is that I dont know if he is going to return to form.

If I get the deal done, my starting lineup in this league (14 team PPR dynasty league) is:

Hasselbeck

Cadillac

Bush

T.O.

Moss

Burress

Roy Williams

That's a pretty nasty starting lineup in a 14 team league... (especially PPR)

The only question I have about your response is that if Moss has a monster year (and returns to being the real Randy Moss) I think its a great trade for me. My problem is that I dont know if he is going to return to form.

If I get the deal done, my starting lineup in this league (14 team PPR dynasty league) is:

Hasselbeck

Cadillac

Bush

T.O.

Moss

Burress

Roy Williams

That's a pretty nasty starting lineup in a 14 team league... (especially PPR)

Well with Caddillac and Bush you do not have 2 backs who have not shown they can stay healthy for a whole year. with Gore and Jones it would give you options if they get the playing time and 1 of those others does not pan out. then you got future picks..1 being a 1st which is huge in a 14 team league.

That being said, Moss would stengthen your starting lineup and I expect a huge year from him. it really comes down to your own personal strategy. I would rather have good depth than a great lineup with no bench. others would say the opposite who have a different strategy. just my outlook on it.

Take the trade.

If you decide later that you need some help at RB, you could trade someone like TO for one, I'd think...

Besides, you may want to consider pairing Bush with one of your WRs for a "proven big time" RB (LT?)...

What you're really asking is if you should trade your first round pick in 2007 for Randy Moss.

Your sixth round pick won't amount to much, Greg Jones won't amount to much (you can't even begin to appreciate how truly bad the Jags offense is unless you live here), and it's going to take several more seasons to fix that mess in San Fransisco.

Personally, I think Moss still has a few more good years in him, so I make the deal.

Edited by tomfin2000

What you're really asking is if you should trade your first round pick in 2007 for Randy Moss.

Your sixth round pick won't amount to much, Greg Jones won't amount to much (you can't even begin to appreciate how truly bad the Jags offense is unless you live here), and it's going to take several more seasons to fix that mess in San Fransisco.

Personally, I think Moss still has a few more good years in him, so I make the deal.

Thanks -- I wasn't clear enough about this, but it was actually the 6th pick in the rookie draft next year, which will amount to either the top WR or top QB in the draft.

I still took the deal, mostly because a rookie WR is always a crapshoot. And, as noted by someone above, I could always trade off one of my WRs for a solid RB later if I need to.

This is now my lineup in a 14 team dynasty league (with PPR), which I think is pretty sick:

QB Matt Hasselbeck

RB Cadillac Williams

RB Reggie Bush

WR Terrell Owens

WR Randy Moss

WR Plaxico Burress

WR Roy Williams

This is a sick lineup in an 8-team league, let alone 14...

Thanks -- I wasn't clear enough about this, but it was actually the 6th pick in the rookie draft next year, which will amount to either the top WR or top QB in the draft.

I did misread that, but I still think it's a good deal. When it comes to Fantasy Football, a stud in the hand is worth two or three in the bush.