[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Setting up a Keeper League

It seems if teams can keep players for four or more years that the team that lands SAlexander, LJohnson, or LT will have a huge leg up on the rest of the league, even with a snake style draft. How do leagues deal with this issue? Is it just an "It is what it is" deal and people just deal with it?

How is your keeper league set up? Who can be kept? how long can they be kept? What do you give up by way of picks the next year for keeping players, if anything? Do you allow owners to trade future draft picks?

Your insight is appreciated.

Auction

Salary caps

Contracts

Signing bonuses

Cap hits for cutting players w/ deferred signing bonuses

Recalculate salaries based on production and their previous contract values

...just like the NFL does it (to some extent)...

If you're interested in doing an auction league, send me a PM and I'll send you my rules. If it's a snake draft..well, one rule I've had before is that you can't keep anyone drafted in the first 5 rounds or picked up via free agency. Or, for every player you keep you lose your first draft pick. For example, if I want to keep LJ, I automatically lose my first round draft pick. Then again, thats where your problem is isn't it? I guess you just deal with it and move on if thats the case.