[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for keeper/dynasty advice...

Are you in a keeper or dynasty league? If so, what was the initial method for establishing the league, and why did you do it that way? Were you happy with how it went down?

For instance, were players drafted only after th 5th round allowed to be kpet (as an example). Did it work as intended?

I'm on the cusp of opening up a league debate on this and would LOVE some real world examples.

Thanks! :D

Are you in a keeper or dynasty league? If so, what was the initial method for establishing the league, and why did you do it that way? Were you happy with how it went down?

For instance, were players drafted only after th 5th round allowed to be kpet (as an example). Did it work as intended?

I'm on the cusp of opening up a league debate on this and would LOVE some real world examples.

Thanks! :D

2 years ago I joined and established 12 team redraft league. The year I joined going forward this was a 3 player keeper league. Nobody who was drafted in the first 4 rounds can be kept. So if you drafted a player in the 5th round this year, he would cost a 4th next year. After that he would be un-keepable the following year and go back in the draft. I have LJ for a 7th this year. Last year he cost me an 8th round pick and each year he is kept it costs you 1 round higher. If through trades/free agents/waiver work you get a couple players who were both drafted the same round, say 10th last year. The two would cost you a 9th and 8th this year. Any player not drafted but deemed a keeper with cost a 12th round pick. The following an 11th. etc. Any other questions ask away.

Keep in Mind this is a 10 team league... The top 60 players were selected based off of an avg ranking using multiple sources (i.e. Funston's big board, Sporting News, Rotoworld, and of course, our favorite The Huddle!). If I've confused you, feel free to ask questions.

Not only is this method I created present the best of both worlds (Auction and Standard), it is very exciting and fun to see how people value players during the auction! and how people save money to obtain that top pick!

Initial Player Distribution

This is the complicated part (or the fun part, depending on your perspective). Since there is no previous year's standings from which to determine a draft order and since serpentine drafts have a drawback of having so much riding on a random draw, the top 60 players will be distributed by an auction. The remaining 120 players will be chosen through a traditional draft.

Each team will have $100 (in play money) with which to participate in the auction. The commissioner and assistant commissioner have already determined the top 60 players and the order they will be auctioned off. If you want to spend $90 on Ladainian Tomlinson and $10 on your remaining five players, that is up to you. You must buy 6 players and you must spend at least $1 on each player. In other words, you can't bid $100 for Ladainian Tomlinson because you must have money left over for your other players.

In addition to buying 6 players, you will also buy your draft position for the remaining 14 players. So whoever has the most money left over after the auction will get to buy the first draft position, and so on. If two players have identical amounts of money left, the manager who bought players with the highest average auction order drafts first. If they are still tied, they will alternate rounds, and the manager who bought his first player first will draft second in the seventh round (first round of the conventional draft).

Off-Season Adjustments

During the off-season, you must cut enough players to reduce your roster to 15. You may then protect 8 offensive players (QB, RB, or WR/TE) for the supplemental draft. The two teams who did not make the playoffs may then select a single unprotected player from any other team. The team who finished higher in the previous year's standings will pick first. (The manager who came in last may not select a player from the same team as the first manager selected from.)

The annual draft will consist of four rounds, to be conducted in the following order:

First - Team with worst record Sixth - Remaining non-placing playoff team

Second - Other non-playoff team Seventh - Fourth place team

Third - Worst seeded, non-placing playoff team Eighth - Third place team

Fourth - Next seeded, non-placing playoff

team Ninth - Second place team

Fifth - Next seeded, non-placing playoff team Tenth - First place team