[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tough Keeper questions

Bettis

I need advice on my #2 RB keeper for this year in a standard scoring format with 1 point per reception. I must choose from the following:

Edge

Ronnie Brown

LaMont Jordan

Portis is my #1 back, but what do I do with the second RB? Edge scares me to death in ARI, Brooks running the show in OAK is even worse, so I feel like the safest route is to go with Brown. :D

Thoughts?

A second dilema is my #2 WR position. I have Burress and Driver, and am leaning towards Driver for multiple reasons. I know Burress is the sexy pick, but I think Driver will be a workhorse this year.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Bettis

Edited by Bettis

Those are tough calls.

I think I'd split it down the middle and keep Brown. He might not rush for as many TDs as Edge or get as many receptions as Jordan, but he should do better than average in both areas. He's also in a more stable situation as you pointed out. I'm a big believer in Saban. What he's done with that program in a little over a calandar year is amazing. I'm not sold on Shell, Green or their respective programs.

For your WR2, I would keep Burress. Things might get ugly in Green Bay very quickly, and they have very little to work with by the time 2007 rolls around. On the other hand, the Giants are on their way up. Eli Manning will only get better and no one is going to be double and tripple covering Buress with Toomer in the possession role and Moss stretching the field.

Those are tough calls.

I think I'd split it down the middle and keep Brown. He might not rush for as many TDs as Edge or get as many receptions as Jordan, but he should do better than average in both areas. He's also in a more stable situation as you pointed out. I'm a big believer in Saban. What he's done with that program in a little over a calandar year is amazing. I'm not sold on Shell, Green or their respective programs.

For your WR2, I would keep Burress. Things might get ugly in Green Bay very quickly, and they have very little to work with by the time 2007 rolls around. On the other hand, the Giants are on their way up. Eli Manning will only get better and no one is going to be double and tripple covering Buress with Toomer in the possession role and Moss stretching the field.

Tomfin, thanks for your thoughts. It is nice to hear a second opinion regarding Brown, and I completely agree with you regarding Saban.

Your thoughts on Burress help a lot as well.

When you say you need help on your #2 RB keeper are you talking about who to start for this year or do you need to cut somebody? You leave the details of your situation somewhat vague.

I expect Brown to get many carries this year but that offense will be stagnant on the whole until Culpepper is back to 100% (give that another year). Oaklands situation is better because it has some good competition between Brooks and the second-rounder Andrew Walter. If you can only start 2 I'd go with Portis and Jordan, although that offense in Arizona should be about as potent as Oakland's. I think Ronnie Brown is worth more long-term, however.

When you say you need help on your #2 RB keeper are you talking about who to start for this year or do you need to cut somebody? You leave the details of your situation somewhat vague.

I expect Brown to get many carries this year but that offense will be stagnant on the whole until Culpepper is back to 100% (give that another year). Oaklands situation is better because it has some good competition between Brooks and the second-rounder Andrew Walter. If you can only start 2 I'd go with Portis and Jordan, although that offense in Arizona should be about as potent as Oakland's. I think Ronnie Brown is worth more long-term, however.

It is a keeper issue, sorry for not explaining clearly. We can keep two RBs, and I will have to throw the other two back into the FA pool for this year's draft.

It is a keeper issue, sorry for not explaining clearly. We can keep two RBs, and I will have to throw the other two back into the FA pool for this year's draft.

Brown is the best option long-term, but I'd say the other two are better for the short-term. I'd look short-term since you'd have other good runningbacks to choose from in next years FA pool too, maybe even Brown if Miami's offense is stagnant this year.