[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Trade advice

We keep 4 but only 3 at any one position.

My current roster (notables):

Portis/McGahee/Westbrook/C Taylor

A Johnson/N Burelson/TJ Housh

His current roster (notables):

C Williams/E James

C Johnson/R Moss/A Boldin

I offered him Westy/Taylor for Williams/Boldin.

He countered with Westy/McGahee for Williams/Boldin.

So if I accept his offer I keep:

Portis/Williams/Taylor/Boldin

If I decline I keep:

Portis/McGahee/Westbrook or Taylor and try and trade whichever is my fourth RB for a better WR.

He already offered me Boldin and Moss for Westbrook so I might be able to get one of them for Taylor.

I would really like Williams but am nervous about being forced to keep Taylor. Is he the undisputed starter and will he be any good in MIN? On the other hand, will McGahee bounce back this year, and will Westy stay healthy and avoid an RBBC with Moats?

Starting requirements and scoring below. Note: NOT a PPR league.

Thanks.

Personally, I think Williams and Taylor are a better bet than McGahee and Westbrook. When it's all said and done, I think the total production will be very close but Willaims and Taylor will be more consistent from week to week.

I don't think you're taking much of a downgrade to acquire a receiver of Boldin or Moss' calibre.

By the same token, if you can only keep 4 and you start 3 RBs, can't you get a pretty good upgrade at WR in the first round of your draft? For example, looking at your trading partner's team, he almost has to let either CJ, Moss or Boldin go anyway. I imagine there are a few other owners in your league that are in the same boat. Can't you keep your RBs and then pick up a WR1 in your draft? With the flex position, most of the other owners will be chasing RBs in the first round leaving you free to take the best player on the board. Again, what do you think your buddy's going to do with his first round pick? Use it on a WR when he already has two solid starters and desperately needs a RB3?

Edited by tomfin2000

Can't you keep your RBs and then pick up a WR1 in your draft?

We can only keep 3 players in any one position, so I can only keep 3 of my RB's.

You are right though, it basically comes down to Williams/Taylor vs Westbrook/McGahee because I think if I decline his offer I could probably trade Taylor for Boldin or Moss anyway.