[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12th pick in 12 team league

hagler

I have the 12th pick in a 12 team league with standard performance scoring:

RB & WR : 1 pt every 10 yds.

6 pts TD

Bonus pts TDs over 15 yds.

QB: 1 pt every 20 yds.

6 pts TD

Bonus pts TDs over 15 yds

Bonus over 300 yds

In my league, the first 8 picks will definitely be RBs---most likely:

LJ, LT, SA, Portis, Tiki, R.Brown, Edge, S Jax

.......Lamont, Rudi Johnson, Cadillac --> 1 or 2 will go before the 12th pick.

-----P.Manning and/or TO, Steve Smith could also be gone before the 12th pick.

So, at the 12th pick if I'm looking at the following choices for positional drafting by Tiers:

RB - RB ---- possibly Rudi Johnson, Cadillac, McGahee, D. Davis, maybe L.Jordan

RB - WR ---- one of RB's from above + T. Holt or S. Smith

QB - RB ---- P. Manning + one of RBs from above

QB - WR ---- P.Manning + T.Holt or S.Smith

Obviously, I'd only go the QB combo if P.Manning is still there......

But, my question is---do I take 2 Rbs just to play it safe to get 2 Rbs that will hopefully be full-time

starters without sharing carries or will I be stuck with mid-lower Tier 2 RBs and not have a top WR

or Manning to have an advantage over opponents.

If I take RB - WR ------ I'll have a top WR to be a difference maker, but is it worth it to wait for the

3rd round (36th pick) for my 2nd RB? Who will be there and am I forced to go RB-RB in the 3rd and

4th rounds?

If I take QB - RB ---- same as above

If I take QB - WR ----- is this even possible or am I sacrificing too much on RBs....

****Or does anyone think it is possible to grab RBs in rounds 3 & 4 that can be handcuffed...

for example: Rd #3: F. Gore or R.Bush

Rd #4: T.Jones, C.Dillon, or D.Foster

Rd #5: Barlow or McAllister

Rd #6: Benson, Maroney, or D.Williams

-----have the entire running game of two teams

-----then, fill in two WR?

----could also do this strategy with WR - WR 1st and 2nd Rds.

Thanks for the input..........just looking for ways to get an advanatge at the #12 pick of a 12-team league...

Fellow 12th pickers please respond!

well, there is a mouthful ...

i would love to have rudi and lamont on the turnaround in your draft and would take them in a heartbeat.

definitely do not go manning here, even if he is still on the board.

swammi posted some good articles about taking RB-WR in this spot. check it out here.

i'm not even going to try and project further down your draft because you just have to wait and see who goes. obviously, if you go the RB-WR route, you will come back with the best RB on the board. if you go the RB-RB route, shoot for the best WR and then peyton or a top tier TE (Gates/Heap/Gonzo) if they are there.

I'm in the #12 position myself with similar a similar scoring scale as you. My advice is go RB-RB in the 1st 2 rds. You wont get a decent #2 RB at #36. You're probably looking at 25 RBs, 9 WRs and 1 QB picked in the 1st 35. That leaves you with slim pickings at RB at #35 - C.Taylor, R.Bush, C.Martin, A.Green, F.Taylor. I'm going to pick 2 RBs in rds 1-2 and WRs in 3-4. I'm thinking the WRs just outside the top 10 will be available at #36 and 37 - R.Wayne, H.Ward, C.Chambers, D.Driver. I'd rather have say...Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, Hines Ward, and Chris Chambers than say...Ronnie Brown, Tory Holt, C.Martin, and Chris Chambers. Good luck.

I'm in the #12 position myself with similar a similar scoring scale as you. My advice is go RB-RB in the 1st 2 rds. You wont get a decent #2 RB at #36. You're probably looking at 25 RBs, 9 WRs and 1 QB picked in the 1st 35. That leaves you with slim pickings at RB at #35 - C.Taylor, R.Bush, C.Martin, A.Green, F.Taylor. I'm going to pick 2 RBs in rds 1-2 and WRs in 3-4. I'm thinking the WRs just outside the top 10 will be available at #36 and 37 - R.Wayne, H.Ward, C.Chambers, D.Driver. I'd rather have say...Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, Hines Ward, and Chris Chambers than say...Ronnie Brown, Tory Holt, C.Martin, and Chris Chambers. Good luck.

What if the first 10-11 picks are all Rbs....and your choices for RBs are McGahee, Westbrook & D.Davis...

Would you still take 2 of these RBs rather than 1 RB and a top WR like Holt or C.Johnson?