[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Small Keeper League Dilemma...

Lost

:D Ok here is the deal. I am in a 10 team performance keeper league (6 per TD, 1 per 10 pass, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per reception). I draft 7th in a 17 round serpentine draft.

We have the opportunity to keep up to 2 players. If we keep a player, we lose the round they were draft last year. If we keep someone who was picked up mid season via free agency, we lose the last round pick. Also, we can't keep 2 players from the same position. :D

That last rule made my first keeper pick easy. :D I had picked up Fast Willie Parker in free agency last year, so by keeping him, I would lose a last round pick (17th round, 167th overall), not too shabby. I am picking him over Dom Davis (would lose 1st round pick, 7th overall), Brian Westbrook (would lose 4th round pick, 34th overall), Tatum Bell (Would lose 11th round pick, 107th overall), and Cedric Benson (would lose 12th round pick, 114 overall). I think Parker has the best value, especially as a 17th round pick. Your thoughts?

So, now to the dilemma. Who should my second round pick be? :D

T Holt (would lose 2nd round pick, 14th overall)

D Mason (Would lose 10th round pick, 94th overall)

Joe Horn (Would lose 3rd round pick, 27th overall)

Eddie Kennison (Would lose 13th round pick, 127 overall)

Now a lot of you would be like me from a glance and say Holt no question (I am still thinking that). I thought that for awhile, but I got to thinking. Do I pick someone where he would normally be picked or take someone a lot later than normal? Isn't that kind of the point of a keeper, to get the best value possible at the lowest round? Yes Holt is possibly the best WR out there, but I am a little weary of the QBs in STL; they lost my league for me last year. Then again, maybe I am just overthinking here. If I don't take Holt, I would consider Mason, but then again look at the QB situation there. lol Maybe I just answered my own question.

Please give me feedback. Any help would be appreciated. :D

Edited by Lost

Could you keep FWP and Benson. For what you are giving up they are great values. I know Benson would be a little bit of a gamble but his upside would be great. Just and idea to think about. With the 7th pick you should be able still to get an excellent reciever or another RB.

I don't know all the other teams' keepers this early yet, but here are some that I do know of:

LT

S Alexander

D Jackson

B Rothlesberger

E Manning

Jeremy Shockey

Steve Smith

Matt Hasselbeck

A Vinatierri

C Palmer

Gates

Fitzgerald

And to answer your question Joe, I can't keep 2 players from the same position.

Anymore input would be greatly appreciated????????

Edited by Lost

I don't know all theother teams' keepers this early yet, but here are some that I do know of:

LT

S Alexander

D Jackson

B Rothlesberger

E Manning

Jeremy Shockey

Steve Smith

Matt Hasselbeck

A Vinatierri

C Palmer

Gates

Fitzgerald

Anymore input would be greatly appreciated????????

I would say it depends on how many keepers you get to have. The league I am in we can keep up to 6 players. The bold players above are three of my keepers, and the other three were Torry Holt, Roy Williams, and Kevin Jones.

I would say it depends on how many keepers you get to have. The league I am in we can keep up to 6 players. The bold players above are three of my keepers, and the other three were Torry Holt, Roy Williams, and Kevin Jones.

I get to keep 2 players. See my original post for more info.