[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is my 1st online draft ...

Ice

I am in a 12 team, total redraft league with standard scoring. This is my 1st online draft. I am sitting at 3.05 and would like to move up to 2.11. As for additional picks how much do I need to pay to move up those 6 spots? Is 7.05 or 8.08 too little or too much. I just don't want to go in with an offer that is insulting or one that make me looks like the idiot I obviously am. :D

Please have mercy on my newbie soul.

Thanks,

Jim

E-mail him and see if he is interested and what he wants. IF interested he will more than likly ask for too much. Then go from there. I doubt there will be any interest but you can try. Those 6 spots will cost you more than a 7th or 8th round pick. Why do you want to move up so bad?

Edited by fantasyfanatic

so if i've done my math right, you are trying to get from the 29th pick to the 23rd pick? tell me, o seer of the future, just how you know who will be available at that point? i'm not sure something this detailed is worth pursuing given there are an infinite number of combinations of picks that could happen prior to this ...

I wouldn't recommend trying to trade up in a redraft. Chances are, if you do your homework well, you'll be able to get value at 3.05 that's as good as or better than you'd get at 2.11, without giving up any later picks. Especially given that this is your first draft, I wouldn't try to do anything fancy, because you're more likely than not to shoot yourself in the foot in the process. Just try to identify value that should be available in the third round, and, with some luck, you'll catch the rest of your league sleeping...

E-mail him and see if he is interested and what he wants. IF interested he will more than likly ask for too much. Then go from there. I doubt there will be any interest but you can try. Those 6 spots will cost you more than a 7th or 8th round pick. Why do you want to move up so bad?

The teams that picked 1st & 3rd are in my division. I am questioning whether there is any benefit to jumping up those 6 spots to draft ahead of them?