[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help

tyleruw0202

I am in a 12 team league that starts QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D. Points are as follows. 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 6 per TD. I had the 12th pick in the draft.

I was recently offered Chad Johnson for Reggie Bush,

My current roster is as follows:

QB- Brett Favre and Billy Volek

RB- Ronnie Brown, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Bush, and Thomas Jones

WR- Chris Chambers, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Rod Smith, Kevin Curtis, and Troy Williamson

TE- Todd Heap

D- Seahawks and Giants

I feel my current team is fairly strong and deep with the only real question mark being QB. I know Chad Johnson is a great WR, but he faces a very tough schedule. Do I gain enough at WR with Johnson over the likes of Housh and Rod Smith to give up Bush who has legit star potential and weaken my RBs. It would leave me with only Thomas Jones at RB as a backup. When I first read the proposed offer I was ready to jump all over it, but I started to think about it and the more questions I raised about it.

New RB/WR with proposed deal:

RB- Ronnie Brown, Stephen Jackson, and Thomas Jones

WR- Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Rod Smith, Kevin Curtis, and Troy Williamson

Any and all help is welcome and appreciated. I am torn on this trade at the moment.

Assuming this isn't a keeper/dynasty league, having Johnson definitely gives you a better set of starting WR, which would then be paired with your Brown/Jackson combo (how'd you pull that off, by the way?) almost all season long, except for bye-weeks. Since Bush would ride your pine 90% of the season (unless a starter goes down), and you'd be gaining a no-brainer WR start every week, I'd have to pull the trigger.

But you didn't mention some of the particulars: is it a keeper/dynasty league or redraft? PPR?

If its a keeper league, depending on the amount of keepers you are allowed, it would be hard to let Bush go.

This is not a keeper league. It is just a one year league. I just got lucky and had Brown and Jackson fall to me. I was especially lucky as I have only Alexander, LJ, LT, Barber, Portis and James ranked ahead of Brown and Jackson. I have them ranked as the 7th and 8th RBs. I guess if I acquire Johnson I could always look to package Favre and a WR (Smith, Housh, etc) or something to try and upgrade a lil at QB. If I wait with Bush his trade value could go down by a few sub par games. The guy is in need of RBs as he only have Ahman Green, Chris Brown, and Ron Dayne. He is also solid at WR with Johnson, Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, and Keenan McCardell. His drafting methods did not make a whole lot of sense to me. He took Manning 3rd overall, then Moss in the 2nd round, and then CJ with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round. I grabbed Bush with the 1st pick in the 4th round. He could have had Bush.

i take chad. the best starting lineup wins championships, not the best bench. going for this puts your starting lineup on an entire new level. curtis and williamson are expendable, so i would be looking to dump them for some RB potential ... it would be interesting to see what RBs are out there on your waiver wire that you could pick up in place of these guys.