[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QUICK QUESTION: Yes (or) No... Would You trade WR S.Smith for R.Wayne?

DeezNuts

Panther Dave made a very strong case on why Steve Smith won't repeat last years numbers in another post;

- Improved O-Line to run the ball more

- Healthy RB's (including D.Williams)

- Addition of Keyshawn

- Factor in Smith's recent hammy problems and it even makes the case stronger

Making the case for Wayne;

- In looking at Wayne's receptions they have consustently improved each of the last three years.

- I broke down targets in Indy's week 3 pre-season game in which the starters played the entire first half and Wayne was targeted by Manning 10 times, Marvin 9, and Dallas Clark 6 times.

- Indy's running game seems to be average at best.

Hammy's and SPEED guys really bother me... Santana Moss burned me one year and I just don't want to go through this again... what do you think?

People might disagree with me, but I like this trade for you. I think Reggie Wayne will outperform Smith. There seems to be a changing of the guard with Reggie Wayne replacing Harrison as the go to guy. Indy is gonna throw the ball like crazy without Edgerrin James controlling the clock. Neither Addai nor Rhodes is James. Indy is not gonna be able to control the clock with those guys the way they did with Edge. That bodes well for Wayne. If you watched Carolina last year, they forced the ball to Smith. All they did was throw his way. They had no other real options. That will change this year. With Keyshawn and an improved running game, they'll spread the ball around. No team wants a predictable offense and last year it was predictable. It still worked, but it's a new year now. They can't expect success riding that same gameplan. They know that hence the signing of Keyshawn and DeAngelo. Not to mention Smith's past injury problems and current problems. A hammy is hard to shake. He won't be 100% all year. People will probably laugh at you if you make this trade, but you'll have the last laugh. Ditch Smith while you can.

People might disagree with me, but I like this trade for you. I think Reggie Wayne will outperform Smith. There seems to be a changing of the guard with Reggie Wayne replacing Harrison as the go to guy. Indy is gonna throw the ball like crazy without Edgerrin James controlling the clock. Neither Addai nor Rhodes is James. Indy is not gonna be able to control the clock with those guys the way they did with Edge. That bodes well for Wayne. If you watched Carolina last year, they forced the ball to Smith. All they did was throw his way. They had no other real options. That will change this year. With Keyshawn and an improved running game, they'll spread the ball around. No team wants a predictable offense and last year it was predictable. It still worked, but it's a new year now. They can't expect success riding that same gameplan. They know that hence the signing of Keyshawn and DeAngelo. Not to mention Smith's past injury problems and current problems. A hammy is hard to shake. He won't be 100% all year. People will probably laugh at you if you make this trade, but you'll have the last laugh. Ditch Smith while you can.

I'm not one that disagrees. Smith will not be a Top 10 WR this year.

YES!!!!!

I traded Smith for Reggie Wayne and Jamal Lewis before my draft. Jamal was really just a thrown in because I was able to get him to throw him in. I would've done the deal even up to get Wayne. I think he's in for a huge year. They're going to be throwing the ball all over the lace and it's not like Marvin is going to start getting a larger piece of the pie all of a sudden. I think Wayne is going to explode this year. Even if he just has the same numbers as last year, he's a sure thing.

As for Smith, it's going to be tough to put up numbers like that again, especially with teams seeing what Seattle did to him in the playoffs last year. Then you've got Keyshawn who's going to get some of the action....

Edited by JrzVol