[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Technical Problems Occur with NFL.com Last Weekend?

reneworleans

This gets weird fast. :D

There was a question last weekend about whether one of our league team lineup substitutions was made legally. I believe this may not have been the case.

One of the teams substituted RB Julius Jones into his active lineup for RB LaMont Jordan, but this was done done after the games were already in progress, last Monday morning.

Since this team owner also doubles as our league commissioner, he would be the only one to have the ability to perform this illegal substitution, while the games were in session. :pop:

The team owner is now claiming that there was a "technical glitch" with NFL.com over the weekend and he actually made this substition legally on Saturday (before the games had started), but the transaction did not get processed with NFL.com until Monday morning. :woot:

A glimpse at the transactions lineup change report shows the switch occuring on Saturday, legally. :lol:

This was not the case over the weekend, where the report showed two substitutions occurring, with the LJ for JJ being the latter substituion. :D:lol::lol:

Needless to say, JJ had a better matchup than LJ and the owner (who was losing prior to the RB substitution) won by three points.

The losing team is understandably hacked about this situation and is calling the commish a cheater. :brow:

Did this happen to any other leagues using NFL.com Fantasy Football last weekend? This is just plain strange ... :brew:

I am confused...does the report say it was done on Saturday? if so, then the discussion should be mute...if not or if it is not clear, the roster that was posted as of Sunday should be the roster that was used for the scoring, no matter what. If he meant to switch it or tried and it didn't take, then it is his fault for not checking prior to game time.

I'd be suspicious of a 'glitch'. Email someone at NFL.com to ask...

sounds suspicious, but if the Lineup Report shows it was made Saturday, then it may have been a website error. I'd check with nfl.com support and see if they know anything, and ask them if there is a way the Commish can change the dates on the lineup activity report. I'm the Commish for our league, (cbs.Sportsline). in 4 years never had anything like this happen with that site.