[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

Hi All - I am new to this forum and could really use some trade advice. I am in a 12-team keeper league in which we are allowed to keep eight players from year to year. This basically means we are drafting mostly rookies and castoffs come the draft. I have had a good team for years, but have started slow this year and don't anticipate making the playoffs. I am thinking about trading L. Tomlinson (SD) for J. Jones (Dal) and C. Taylor (Min) - My line of thinking is that I am (1) Building for the future by getting two good young starting running backs for one (2) Rebuilding through our draft would take to long (3) Trying to avoid having to start three Chargers at the same time because I think River will be better than Gossman. I really want to get L. Maroney from him as one of the two players but I am pretty sure he won't give him up!!!

My Roster...

QB - P. Rivers, R. Grossman, T. Green

RB - L. Tomlinson, R. Johnson, M. Turner, L. Washington

WR - M. Harrison, R. Moss, R. Smith, A. Bryant

TE - A. Gates

K - J. Elam

His Roster...

QB - D. McNabb, M. Hasselbeck

RB - E. James, S. Alexander, J. Jones, L. Maroney, C. Taylor

WR - R. Williams, J. Walker, K. Johnson

TE - R. McMichael, V. Davis

K - J. Wilkins

P.S. - I do realize that I am handing him the championship this year if I do this - but this year is already a write off and it's tough to rebuild through the draft

Hi All - I am new to this forum and could really use some trade advice. I am in a 12-team keeper league in which we are allowed to keep eight players from year to year. This basically means we are drafting mostly rookies and castoffs come the draft. I have had a good team for years, but have started slow this year and don't anticipate making the playoffs. I am thinking about trading L. Tomlinson (SD) for J. Jones (Dal) and C. Taylor (Min) - My line of thinking is that I am (1) Building for the future by getting two good young starting running backs for one (2) Rebuilding through our draft would take to long (3) Trying to avoid having to start three Chargers at the same time because I think River will be better than Gossman. I really want to get L. Maroney from him as one of the two players but I am pretty sure he won't give him up!!!

My Roster...

TE - A. Gates

K - J. Elam

His Roster...

K - J. Wilkins

P.S. - I do realize that I am handing him the championship this year if I do this - but this year is already a write off and it's tough to rebuild through the draft

You'll be handing him the championship for the next few years in my opinion. His would be a 12-team ALL-PRO team if this were to occur. I can't imagine your league mates will be very happy with you....not that it should be a consideration to you if you think you're helping your team. But how could your team compete with his if you do this? Right now, when alexander comes back, he'll have to play the matchup game with chester taylor and julius jones..... He's going to be keeping mcnaab-alexander-LT-Roy Williams-Javon Walker and no-brain starting them for the next 3-5 years and will be a monster to contend with. Have I sufficiently expressed my surprise that this would be a 12-league team roster ?

My Roster...

TE - A. Gates

K - J. Elam

His Roster...

K - J. Wilkins

No.