[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone wants to take TO from me...

fac273r

Hey all, newbie here! I was just offered Plax Burress and Laurence Maroney for Terrell Owens and Jamal Lewis. TO's value is high and Lewis pretty much blows chunks. Should I make this trade? I'm in a private 10-team, non-keeper Yahoo league. The following is my roster. Thanks for any help!

QB: Delhomme, Brees

WR: T. Owens, R. Wayne, D. Gabriel, B. Berrian, D. Mason, G. Jennings

RB: L. Tomlinson, D. Foster, J. Lewis, R. Droughns

TE: A. Gates, LJ Smith

I'd jump all over that trade. Plaxico is a solid receiver and Maroney is a huge upgrade over Lewis. Maroney has big upside, while Lewis keeps looks worse each week. Not to mention you get to get rid of T.O., which in my opinion is the clincher. Too much headache, and the antics will start again soon.

I'd jump all over that trade. Plaxico is a solid receiver and Maroney is a huge upgrade over Lewis. Maroney has big upside, while Lewis keeps looks worse each week. Not to mention you get to get rid of T.O., which in my opinion is the clincher. Too much headache, and the antics will start again soon.

+1

No I would not make this trade. Owens is just starting to put his mark on the field and, when productive, he can carry your team. Plax or Maroney would not.

Assuming you start two RBs, Maroney would not be an every week start for you either. Foster will have his matchup days as will Droughns. So, IMO, your trading Owens for Plax and a guy you could get by without.

This is a non-keeper so "upside" is not of great value....unless Dillon gets hurt and that upside starts right now. Take into account the "rookie wall" that Maroney is likely to find too.

By losing Lewis, you aren't losing much and Maroney may share time w/ Dillon, but he still has put up better numbers then Lewis. Also, there is talk that the Ravens are going to get M.Anderson more carries.

TO had his biggest game this year against a lousy Texans secondary, right after the Philadelphia debacle. The third TD came at the end of the game and was probably to shut TO up. Terry Glenn is Bledsoe's favorite target, and will continue to be.

Plaxico vs. TO this year: Plax: 22 rec. 330 yds. 3 TDs

Owens: 22 rec. 227 yds. 4 TDs